Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your top 5 BUCKET LIST stadiums to visit before you croak ?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
great thread this,

without giving it loads of thought I'd say

Newlands Cricket Ground, Cape Town
Dortmund's Stadium
Lambeau Field for a Packers game
Stadion Kantrida, Croatia - look it up
Australian Open tennis

lucky enough to have done/will be doing a few I've wanted to tick off during the last and next 12 months - Allianz Arena in April, Flushing Meadows last September and Yankee Stadium. Have also seen domestic games in Portugal, Belgium, Spain, Sweden & France relatively recently which has been great,

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
1. Wembley for an Albion game.
2. CenturyLink Field for a Seahawks game.
3. Camp Nou for a Classico ideally
4. Anything at Madison Square Garden
5. Maracaña

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The Twins are my adopted baseball team, I watch them whenever I can online so I am just GAGGING to get to a game there. Target Field is a new(ish) ballpark, and seems widely acknowledged as one of the finest ballparks in MLB. Hoping to get there later this year for a few games, and to stock up on some TAT from their store of course /QUOTE]

That makes sense. It is a very nice ballpark and I would actually recommend going to a night game there as it feels a little more traditional. Public transport is very good for easy access too.

I am slowly clocking up ballparks having done The White Sox, Twins, Cardinals and Brewers so far. Chicago Cubs on the hit list for this Summer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any one who puts down anything in Europe should get around to doing something with their life.
In this modern internet age tickets can be purchased for most games, including Barca & Real Madrid. Flights and hotels are also cheap. Just do it one day.

I think you have a very strange definition of cheap. Back in the real world, I'm working out whether I can afford MK Dons in March

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Surprised no one has included Fenway Park. The most historic and atmospheric of US stadiums? I'd certainly like to go.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Surprised no one has included Fenway Park. The most historic and atmospheric of US stadiums? I'd certainly like to go.

I thought about it and then that's what made me think about the match/occasion as I don't think there's much ongoing atmosphere at b ball games. And before the pedants pipe up yes I have been to a few - three in Canada and two in Japan - and failing a World Series clincher or 9th inning winning homer I can't think of many times it gets raucous.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought about it and then that's what made me think about the match/occasion as I don't think there's much ongoing atmosphere at b ball games. And before the pedants pipe up yes I have been to a few - three in Canada and two in Japan - and failing a World Series clincher or 9th inning winning homer I can't think of many times it gets raucous.

Try a White Sox v Cubs game at US Cellular Field. Or Cubs v Cards at Wrigley. I did the Fenway tour but the Sox were on the road when I was in Boston, so that's my number one.
2. Bloomfield Road (the only ground to host Premier League football that I've never visited)
3. Lambeau Field (but only when the temperature is freezing or below)
4. Maracana (although I've been to the Marakana in Belgrade)
5. AT&T Park, San Francisco.

If the dallas Cowboys stadium is on your list, try to get seats as close to field level as possible. Otherwise you find yourself watching the big screen more than the live action.

1. Not a specific stadium that I can be sure of, but hope to get to Wrestlemania in person sometime in the next few years, so whichever NFL stadium is hosting the event when I can afford to go! Could be the Citrus Bowl in Miami next year, which would be a possibility for me to make for sure!
2. Westfalenstadion
3. Olympiastadion - done the tour, been to Berlin twice in the past year and a half, managed on both times to go when there are no games on. Next trip in April coincides with Hertha v Bayern, but as am there for a stag do there may be other things planned, so looking like it'll have to be fourth time lucky for that!
4. Nou Camp
5. San Siro

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Try a White Sox v Cubs game at US Cellular Field. Or Cubs v Cards at Wrigley. I did the Fenway tour but the Sox were on the road when I was in Boston, so that's my number one.

Okay point taken.

My visit to Hiroshima coincided with the visit of Hanshin Tigers who bought a fervent support with lots of Tifos and co-ordinated songs, which was great to see but it didn't really translate into a sense of atmosphere.

Was great to sit and watch a ballgame with bullet trains streaming past in the background.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
tempstad-aerial-101915-1-001--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

880x550_0004_Exterior_Front_norseman.jpg

Mind you, THIS bad boy opens in Minneapolis next season - the US Bank Stadium. I think I might swap the San Siro for this one.

Cor, I'm in Minneapolis this Easter! Wonder if there's any kind of tour you can do.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1. Old Trafford - Theatre of Dreams
2. Camp Nou
3. Edgbaston
4. Twickenham
5. Maracana

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here