Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The top three

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dangerous to discount Hull. Great run in and a game in hand on us and Burnley. I can see them being interested right to the end.

Hull have had their own wobble recently, before the 4-0 win against Bristol City they'd had a run of just two wins in 9 games, it looked like they'd turned the corner with the trashing of Bristol City but followed it up with a 4-0 loss to Derby. No indication they've turned the corner yet, their run-in is against clubs with nothing to play for. I'd expect Bolton's relegation to be confirmed long before Hull play them and the game against Rotherham on the last day could be the only one that means something to both teams.

On paper they've got a decent run in if they can find some form.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Woke up with a bloody hang-over today plus I've found that I'm a ***ting Leeds Utd supporter till around 14:15. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Dangerous to discount Hull. Great run in and a game in hand on us and Burnley. I can see them being interested right to the end.
It is dangerous, but if they lose today then they'll only be able to get 87 points, which may well not be enough for top 2.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I'm with the Boro lad. Us and them playing off for the title both already promoted, Dyche losing it completely in his final post-match interview and Barton.......actually, couldn't give a **** what he does, as we'll all hear about it anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All Dyche kept going on about last week was their disallowed goal, and how hard done by they felt, not that his team are a bunch of thugs. Would love him to lose it completely and even spontaneously combust (at least he won't be making a mess at the Amex).

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
It is dangerous, but if they lose today then they'll only be able to get 87 points, which may well not be enough for top 2.

Big IF....and even then, being on course for 87 points would probably still see them being "interested" into the final week - if not the final game.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Looking at those fixtures. Broghtonnhave the toughest. Burnley have it right easy apart from the boro game. Everyone of our games is arguably a tough game. Hopefully charlton will be down by the time we play them. Fhulam and QPR are no easy home games.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Starting to think the best we can hope for is Boro to have confirmed their promotion before the last day, whilst we manage to get a point ahead of Burnley. Then on the last day, hopefully with Boro at 80% we can go up there and win.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This.

With the big screen showing a constant feed live from the Valley of Sean Dyche's security guard's face growing steadily more and more purple with rage upon each update he receives that the score at the Riverside is still nil-nil, shots on target nil, shots off target nil, corners 1 (that one just being for a laugh and the resultant corner being hoofed straight back into the centre-circle by whoever.)

The instant he finally loses it is when he learns upon 88 minutes that currently Stewart Downing and Bobby Zamora are challenging each other to a game of "keepy-ups" in the middle of the park to keep the game a contest for the supporters and that Chris Hughton is introducing Solly March as his final sub so he can hobble round the pitch on crutches and "soak up the atmosphere."

Dyches head might get so red and hot and blow up

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at those fixtures. Broghtonnhave the toughest. Burnley have it right easy apart from the boro game. Everyone of our games is arguably a tough game. Hopefully charlton will be down by the time we play them. Fhulam and QPR are no easy home games.

I can see what you are saying although I think Burnleys game at Preston might be difficult it being a derby match....surprisingly Preston actually won 2/0 at Burnley earlier in the season

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I'm pretty sure Burnley fans won't be looking at Brum and Preston away as easier than Forest and Charlton....if they get over the line with that set of fixtures then fair do's. If they don't beat Leeds then their next 3 games look really tough.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm pretty sure Burnley fans won't be looking at Brum and Preston away as easier than Forest and Charlton....if they get over the line with that set of fixtures then fair do's. If they don't beat Leeds then their next 3 games look really tough.

I looked at Burnleys fixtures and thought that run of 3 including boro, Birmingham and Preston looked the toughest group of fixtures among them

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This.

With the big screen showing a constant feed live from the Valley of Sean Dyche's security guard's face growing steadily more and more purple with rage upon each update he receives that the score at the Riverside is still nil-nil, shots on target nil, shots off target nil, corners 1 (that one just being for a laugh and the resultant corner being hoofed straight back into the centre-circle by whoever.)

The instant he finally loses it is when he learns upon 88 minutes that currently Stewart Downing and Bobby Zamora are challenging each other to a game of "keepy-ups" in the middle of the park to keep the game a contest for the supporters and that Chris Hughton is introducing ENRESTas his final sub so he can hobble round the pitch on crutches and "soak up the atmosphere."

Just CORRECTED that for you

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Said it before, say it again. Our next 5 are winnable. In which case Hull to drop 1 point Burnley to drop 6 (Leeds & Boro to win). Last game will be a dead rubber and we can all go to the legendary Bluebell Hotel and jion their promotion party.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Love in with Boro seems slightly curious when we were slagging them off in December: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...sbrough-opinion-of-us&highlight=Middlesbrough.

Not really. As the starter of that thread the grievance was that they weren't taking us seriously. As time has gone on we've held our ground and proven ourselves as contenders, and are now being seen that way by the majority of their fanbase.

There was a heck of a lot of arrogance shown by them back then, but over time they have started to give us kudos for our achievement.

Fair enough I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here