Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub in Lewes for Sunday lunch - recommendations?

Jan 30, 2008
I'm looking for a pub in Lewes for Sunday lunch: there are four criteria to be met

a) Decent beer (Harveys preferably)
b) Kid-friendly food (ie chips rather than roast)
c) Something for veggies
d) Dog-friendly

Rather than search through all the pubs, I know there are few Lewes experts here who would know which pubs would hit the spot
Who wants to sit in a pub for food with a smelly dog possbibly licking it's arse ,no no for me
regards
DR

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
One worth thinking about is the Swan. We went there earlier in the year - there were families (and I think pets), good beer (Harveys), decent food (as I remember). Not in the centre - but not far from the car park down Cockshut Road.

Jan 30, 2008
One worth thinking about is the Swan. We went there earlier in the year - there were families (and I think pets), good beer (Harveys), decent food (as I remember). Not in the centre - but not far from the car park down Cockshut Road.

Yeah does a good trade from the office blocks across the road lunchtimes,, always seems to be doing a good trade when I get in there
regards
DR

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's the closest pub to the rugby club but it just seems to do a roast for Sunday lunch and I don't want that

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I'd always recommend The Swan (Southover Street).

- car park
- Harvey's
- great food
Not sure about bringing dogs though. I think i've seen em in the garden but not sure about inside.
call em and check 01273 480211

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Snowdrop is excellent but food is more expensive than the Brewers. The Snowdrop does however serve Burning Sky Beer from the National Brewer of the Year 2014 based in Firle. Harveys is good but Burning Sky is wonderful if its not sold out.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Best pub in Lewes (generally speaking, not just for food) is the Brewers. The 8.1% Biddenden cider is much recommended - tastes like watered down apple juice but two pints will have you vomiting into your own eyeballs. One of my best mates owns the Swan, so I'll have to recommend that too. Pretty sure they do a few things other than roasts on Sunday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be surprised if any pub allowed dogs in the eating area due to HHE. I personally wouldnt want to eat in a place where dogs are and not always but possibly hand fed food from off the table.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Kings head, other end of Southover high st does good food too. Not sure about the dogs though.

I went in the Kings Head after a Lewes match last month, good beer but I would check out the menu first, not exactly pub food and quite expensive.
Can't comment on the lunch time menu though.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
For Sunday lunch the Swan is great but gets very busy. Book a table and you will have very good food and a good selection of music. The staff are friendly and I can't recommend it enough ( no I don't own it or work there ) !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here