Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that both Michael Oliver and Andre Marriner are far better than Taylor who apart from the Propper Red Card I thought that he was poor. I thought Marriner was very good on Saturday.

Not so sure about the ref tomorrow Kevin Friend

I remember Kevin Friend well, he was the ref for the FA Cup 2nd round tie between Horsham and Swansea City when l was fixture secretary back in 2007..

I don't think he quite knew what to make of Queen Street and the Lardy Boys!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For Spurs (H)

"Chris Hughton confirmed that apart from Davy Propper (suspended) and Steve Sidwell (back & ankle), he has a fully-fit squad to choose from."
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ove-albion-vs-tottenham-hotspur-on-17-apr-18/
More 4D type chess mind games from CH I see.

Who’d have thought it. And yes. All squad available as per conference.
Perhaps Hughton can’t be bothered with the mind games shenanigans I’m assured he does *every* week on here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who’d have thought it. And yes. All squad available as per conference.
Perhaps Hughton can’t be bothered with the mind games shenanigans I’m assured he does *every* week on here.

Will you please stop bouncing this thread,

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hey guys, please notice me!!!

If people want to use NSC to share falsehoods - that Hughton lies or obfuscates at press conferences about injuries when the facts prove that he doesn’t - then happy to keep pointing that out. Well bored tbh - but they keep doing it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If people want to use NSC to share falsehoods - that Hughton lies or obfuscates at press conferences about injuries when the facts prove that he doesn’t - then happy to keep pointing that out. Well bored tbh - but they keep doing it.

Burnley press conference. Yet More crazy mind games re: squad fitness. “No fresh injuries” says Hughton.
https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/989485692882481154

Now you’re pointing it out even when no-one has ‘shared any falsehoods’.......starting to look a bit obsessive [emoji23][emoji23]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Now you’re pointing it out even when no-one has ‘shared any falsehoods’.......starting to look a bit obsessive [emoji23][emoji23]

its a couple of injury updates twice a week during a season. Next time a player gets injured and Chris says x or y about their recovery then it will come in handy.
And blimey if we purged NSC of obsessives...

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Count yourselves lucky! Ben Mee has missed the last 4 games with a mystery "shin injury", which one minute is "improving" and the next minute "is bothering him", says Dyche.

According to Dyche, our best defender was 50/50 for the Stoke match last Sunday. He missed that and is out tomorrow. Dyche says he might play at Arsenal or the season finale at home to Bournemouth, but warned fans "but that is not a definite (that BM will play)".:(

But a large proportion of Burnley fans think Mr Dyche is being economical with the truth, and "Our Ben" has been put on the "naughty step" by SD because he has not signed a new deal ahead of a rumoured big-money move to Liverpool in the summer.:(

Dyche would rather lose to Brighton than select what he considers a contract "rebel". Team spirit and all that.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Count yourselves lucky! Ben Mee has missed the last 4 games with a mystery "shin injury", which one minute is "improving" and the next minute "is bothering him", says Dyche.

According to Dyche, our best defender was 50/50 for the Stoke match last Sunday. He missed that and is out tomorrow. Dyche says he might play at Arsenal or the season finale at home to Bournemouth, but warned fans "but that is not a definite (that BM will play)".:(

But a large proportion of Burnley fans think Mr Dyche is being economical with the truth, and "Our Ben" has been put on the "naughty step" by SD because he has not signed a new deal ahead of a rumoured big-money move to Liverpool in the summer.:(

Dyche would rather lose to Brighton than select what he considers a contract "rebel". Team spirit and all that.

Interesting.....do you think your lot are if not on the beach already, at least parked on the seafront and unpacking the car then ? Think you’ve done brilliantly by the way.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear

I've always liked Dyche. A man of principal.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Interesting.....do you think your lot are if not on the beach already, at least parked on the seafront and unpacking the car then ? Think you’ve done brilliantly by the way.

No, we are not on the beach but are missing key players - Mee, Defour, Brady. The depleted squad are, however, showing signs of mental, if not physical, tiredness. You can see we have picked up 17 points from the last 8 matches, but there have only been 2/3 good performances during this run.

Teams like West Ham and Watford have "self-combusted" after dominating us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can see we have picked up 17 points from the last 8 matches, but there have only been 2/3 good performances during this run.

Do you not think though that Burnley are the sort of side with such a work rate, and a clear system & identity, that they can pick up points without appearing to play well?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm hoping Stephens continues his nice little scoring record against teams from the North West :clap2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes please! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here