Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Woohoo Thank you TSB

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
After the monumentous feck up made by TSB over the last 5 days. ( They attempted to transfer over 1 million customer account details from a website they were "renting" to a website they brought in-house). Finally being able to go online and check my details ( took me back 20 years to the era of dial up internet ! ) I got into my accounts...

Current Account - No problems
Savings Account - No problems
Credit Card - No problems
Mortgage Account - Gone, disappeared, buggered off ( No problem :rave: :albion2: )

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm sure it won't take them long to rectify that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ah come on! I can dream a little longer, can't I? I won't tell if you don't :)

"Dear Mr TANFC,

We notice that you did not inform us that we hadn't moved your mortgage account back properly. Unfortunately, this means that we did not collect last month's mortgage payment from you. This means that you have incurred extra interest this month as your capital amount outstanding is now higher than we planned it to be when we first set your monthly repayment schedule.

Accordingly, this month we will collect 2* your normal mortgage payment, plus £40 extra interest for last month's missed payment, plus £100 admin fee, plus £25 for writing this letter.

We thank you for your esteemed custom.

Have a nice day!

Your sincerely,

TSB"

*nods*

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
"Dear Mr TANFC,

We notice that you did not inform us that we hadn't moved your mortgage account back properly. Unfortunately, this means that we did not collect last month's mortgage payment from you. This means that you have incurred extra interest this month as your capital amount outstanding is now higher than we planned it to be when we first set your monthly repayment schedule.

Accordingly, this month we will collect 2* your normal mortgage payment, plus £40 extra interest for last month's missed payment, plus £100 admin fee, plus £25 for writing this letter.

We thank you for your esteemed custom.

Have a nice day!

Your sincerely,

TSB"

*nods*

:eek:

On the plus side, any fees associated with the issues will be waived. I can't see them enforcing such action unless it's my doing. Also when it does come back I hope that they haven't swapped it for some mortgage on a posh pad in Kensington.

Last edited:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I thought TSB amalgamated into Lloyds bank years ago?

They did. The government bail out due to the banking crisis forced the EU to act.

Lloyds has been forced to split off and rebrand the TSB branches by the EU as a result of the £20bn of taxpayer money pumped into the bank during the 2008 bailouts. It has pledged to turn TSB back to its heritage as a "local" bank.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After the monumentous feck up made by TSB over the last 5 days. ( They attempted to transfer over 1 million customer account details from a website they were "renting" to a website they brought in-house). Finally being able to go online and check my details ( took me back 20 years to the era of dial up internet ! ) I got into my accounts...

Current Account - No problems
Savings Account - No problems
Credit Card - No problems
Mortgage Account - Gone, disappeared, buggered off ( No problem :rave: :albion2: )

Quick! Close all your accounts now. Leave the bank. You were never there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
When I was a student I banked with TSB, they were rubbish at looking after me. They only gave me an overdraft of £50 while other banks had overdrafts of 2 or 3k. I had banked with them for years and begged them to increase my overdraft, they said no. So in a big hissy fit I shouted 'I will take my debt elsewhere' and stormed out.

Turns out when they were struggling and going bust, me and millions of other tax payers had to help them out - bunch of ***** if you ask me.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
After the monumentous feck up made by TSB over the last 5 days. ( They attempted to transfer over 1 million customer account details from a website they were "renting" to a website they brought in-house).

As part of the former LloydsTSB banking group they were still using the Lloyds IT systems. The transfer (not simply websites) was a complete data migration (that didn't go so well) from the Lloyds IT systems to the new owners Sabadell's (Spanish bank) IT systems.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
As part of the former LloydsTSB banking group they were still using the Lloyds IT systems. The transfer (not simply websites) was a complete data migration (that didn't go so well) from the Lloyds IT systems to the new owners Sabadell's (Spanish bank) IT systems.

Blimey, didn't realise there was that much involved. No wonder there were a few glitches.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I was working at Lloyds head office at the time of the merger.........it was essentially a takeover by Lloyds, but the 'blues' ended up running, and eventually ****ing up what was a great institution. Brian Pitman must be spinning in his grave.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My first bank was with TSB and my current account when I was 16/17 always showed balance - £ 0.00............ they were a shit bank.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
It is a worry so many branches are closing with all banks. If ever there is a longer crash, there will be uproar if people cannot get their money....

Branches are starting to exist mainly in large towns.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

This is so unusual. Data migrations never go wrong....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here