Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] M23 North

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Queue was at least 2 miles long at the Crawley junction when I went past about 9.30 this morning. No queue at Pease Pottage.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Very useful on an M23 North thread, particularly given the M25/M1 has its own thread

If you’d bothered to look when I posted this you’d see this was posted before the start of that other thread.
But you carry on eh!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why couldn't the effing Highways Agency get it all completed in Jan/Feb. How long does it take to resurface a couple of miles of motorway? Pathetic. And the British as always just accept these things without a whimper of a complaint. I on the other hand will be writing to the Highways Agency, my MP and any else I can think of to register my disgust.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why couldn't the effing Highways Agency get it all completed in Jan/Feb. How long does it take to resurface a couple of miles of motorway? Pathetic. And the British as always just accept these things without a whimper of a complaint. I on the other hand will be writing to the Highways Agency, my MP and any else I can think of to register my disgust.

tenor.gif

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Any idea which way the detour goes for this? Need to pick someone up at Gatwick tomorrow about 9.30am and wondering how long might take on a Sun morning!

If you are worried then turn off at the Pease Pottage exit before the M23 and follow the old A23 through Crawley to Gatwick. Traffic should be pretty light that time of the morning.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On our way from Brighton to Westerham this morning at 11, I foolishly ignored the car's satnav guidance to leave the M23 at Pease Pottage to go cross country, rather than the usual M23/M25 route.

We got stuck in the colossal M23 jam, then later faced a huge jam going nowhere fast in the Lingfield / A22 area caused by a big accident.

I turned back and we went somehere else for the day out.

Lesson learnt to concentrate next time and listen to the satnav guidance!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
On our way from Brighton to Westerham this morning at 11, I foolishly ignored the car's satnav guidance to leave the M23 at Pease Pottage to go cross country, rather than the usual M23/M25 route.

We got stuck in the colossal M23 jam, then later faced a huge jam going nowhere fast in the Lingfield / A22 area caused by a big accident.

I turned back and we went somehere else for the day out.

Lesson learnt to concentrate next time and listen to the satnav guidance!

I hope you had air conditioning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here