Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So got this with an Xbox One for Christmas and loving it.

Currently playing manager career mode on legendary but it does seem easier than usual. Is anybody else finding this?

I'm 7th in early January, just bought Dembele and Vardy and sold Hemed (to Spurs!) and Murphy so should improve on 7th. The main reason for doing well is Gross though, he is unreal! I literally shoot from anywhere and it usually finds the top corner.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Jose Izquierdo has just been awarded an inform card on Ultimate Team for his two assists v 'Muff

82 rated, 94 pace.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Jose Izquierdo has just been awarded an inform card on Ultimate Team for his two assists v 'Muff

82 rated, 94 pace.

I am all over this when the price drops, hopefully will be able to pick him up for around 30-40k in the next couple of days.

20180103_150800.png

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I enjoy the game but it definitely is easier this year.

This isn't a boast as, frankly, it would be quite a sad boast, but I won the prem with Brighton on legendary in the first season.

I was actually really disappointed as I started the career wanting to build over the seasons and maybe get around 6-10th in the first season.

I signed Slimani from Leicester who is brilliant in the air and that was basically all I did.

Not sure if I'll carry on with the career now it's tainted.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I enjoy the game but it definitely is easier this year.

This isn't a boast as, frankly, it would be quite a sad boast, but I won the prem with Brighton on legendary in the first season.

I was actually really disappointed as I started the career wanting to build over the seasons and maybe get around 6-10th in the first season.

I signed Slimani from Leicester who is brilliant in the air and that was basically all I did.

Not sure if I'll carry on with the career now it's tainted.

That's what I thought. I'm only a few points off top but with Vardy's pace and Dembele as back up now along with Gross pinging them in from EVERYWHERE I could do it. Might have to try and see if I can work out how to play Ultimate Team at some stage!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
My nephew is being given a xbox360 for his 7th Birthday, and on the suggested present list is fifa18.

Can anyone say if the xbox360 (legacy) version is any good, and includes stadiums as well as teams and kits ? (it only says teams and kits on the blurb..)

If it's rubbish or doesn't include the Amex, then his father will be coerced into buying a Xbox One instead..!

Cheers

R

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My nephew is being given a xbox360 for his 7th Birthday, and on the suggested present list is fifa18.

Can anyone say if the xbox360 (legacy) version is any good, and includes stadiums as well as teams and kits ? (it only says teams and kits on the blurb..)

If it's rubbish or doesn't include the Amex, then his father will be coerced into buying a Xbox One instead..!

Cheers

R

Honestly, I’d tell his parents to get him a Xbox One if their finical situation allows it.

The difference between the two games is only graphical, although the difference in graphics is massive. The main advantage of getting an Xbox One is a lot of games released now are being not released on the old consoles, meaning they’ll reach a point sometime soon when the kid wants a game but it’s not avalible on the Xbox 360 at which point they’ll probably be looking at a very upset/stroppy/disappointed 7 year old.

You can get a brand new Xbox One with Minecraft and 3 months of online thrown in for free for under £200. They won’t be paying much less than that for a brand new Xbox 360 either and a second hand one is likely to be a refurbished piece of crap on the verge of breaking or run in to problems within a year or so.

I know it doesn’t answer your question, but if they get him a 360 they’ll probably have him nagging for a One in a couple of years anyway. Buy cheap, buy twice and all that.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Honestly, I’d tell his parents to get him a Xbox One if their finical situation allows it.

The difference between the two games is only graphical, although the difference in graphics is massive. The main advantage of getting an Xbox One is a lot of games released now are being not released on the old consoles, meaning they’ll reach a point sometime soon when the kid wants a game but it’s not avalible on the Xbox 360 at which point they’ll probably be looking at a very upset/stroppy/disappointed 7 year old.

You can get a brand new Xbox One with Minecraft and 3 months of online thrown in for free for under £200. They won’t be paying much less than that for a brand new Xbox 360 either and a second hand one is likely to be a refurbished piece of crap on the verge of breaking or run in to problems within a year or so.

I know it doesn’t answer your question, but if they get him a 360 they’ll probably have him nagging for a One in a couple of years anyway. Buy cheap, buy twice and all that.

I totally agree - I've had exactly that with my own kids.. It does answer the Stadium question, cheers..!

The 360 will be more or less obsolete in about 18 months.
£200 on Amazon.

£189 here on eBay (new)

Yes.. but...

Just get him the one! (Rowdey)

What..No..! :lolol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
While we're here bouncing the FIFA thread, get voting for Pascal and Glenn for most consistent TOTY on FutWiz. Some Fut Champs-worthy Albion cards would be a dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here