Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope liverpool get through because of personal bias. And if they are in it or at it come end of season, it increases our chances. :goal:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow.

After everything, people STILL think this.

*shakes head*

In fairness that is the power of that lie. I'd hope to think the poster isn't old enough to remember, if not no real excuse since the lie was disproved in the 80s (very quickly) in the original report.

It oddly re-appeared in more recent times when the campaign started to get results.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The fans were completely cleared by an independent panel, inquests conducted by the judiciary and the government. You’re stuck in a time warp of smears.

If you went to huge football matches in the 70’s and 80’s, you would know that massive clubs commonly had 1000’s of extra fans squeeze in without tickets. The much reiterated job of the police and club was to protect all fans.

Just to be clear the fans were cleared in the original report and there weren't any extra fans. It wasn't the job of the recent inquiry to disprove it.

It's only repeated on forums like this by people who obviously get their news down the pub.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In fairness that is the power of that lie. I'd hope to think the poster isn't old enough to remember, if not no real excuse since the lie was disproved in the 80s (very quickly) in the original report.

It oddly re-appeared in more recent times when the campaign started to get results.

Mud sticks.

But a rigid prejudiced mind, will switch off when the facts become clear. As the truth was broadcast to all over the last 5 years, a hater will refuse to listen, lest it destroy their warped view of events.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mud sticks.

But a rigid prejudiced mind, will switch off when the facts become clear. As the truth was broadcast to all over the last 5 years, a hater will refuse to listen, lest it destroy their warped view of events.

Just correcting myself after a quick google. The independent panel did revisit the "myth" although it disproved quite quickly in the Taylor Report.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just correcting myself after a quick google. The independent panel did revisit the "myth" although it disproved quite quickly in the Taylor Report.

But thanks for correcting me. The BBC’s 5 myths list includes the fact that only a tiny handful of fans didn’t have tickets and did not add to the central issue of the police/SWFC foolishly having too few of the turnstiles open, leading to a late surge in ticketed fans gaining entry. Not by design by the fans, but from management incompetence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My point was when Self Pity City dish it out, they have to expect some back!

That phrase didn't originate with Hillsborough but was written much later by a News International journalist who was criticising the reaction to the James Bulger murder in the city.

The organisation spent years licking it wounds after so massively f##### it up over Hillsborough.

He's spent most of the time apologising ever since.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Man U have a massive game to stop Man C from taking the PL championship before Liverpool return game next week.
Henderson (too many yellows) and maybe Salah (injury) out. Man C loses unknown.
Liverpool squad getting thin. But Pep will try and play to beat both Man U and Liverpool.
Away goal rule favors Liverpool.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
After all my years visiting this great site do I still get surprised whenever a thread about LFC still contain the lies of the past.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was down the pub, all the Liverpool fans were over 40 it seemed. The sheep from when I was at school not supporting their local team

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whilst I agree that the police and stewarding were overwhelmingly in the wrong at hillsborough I will also say this:

I was living in Liverpool when the disaster went down and used to drink in the Yankee bar and the grapes (the two biggest LFC boozers) and I am telling all of you that there were many many fans I spoke to in the preceding week who were ticketless and were planning to storm the turnies.

Everyone who knows anything about Liverpool knows that this was a common activity in those days. Does anyone remember the "scousers on the roof" at Wembley or any one of the European games, including Istanbul where this happened...and that was after Hillsborough.

The enquiry didn't consider this as it was practically impossible to prove and, in any event, it's down to the stadium to prevent unauthorised access.

I'm sure that many on here will remember "scouse Gary" who had the Park View licence in the 1990s who was a giant of a man..he bunked in that day and ended up being a hero by pulling people up to the upper tier in Leppings lane when the rush came in from the back. He was a great bloke (RIP) and was openly honest that there were hundreds of non ticket holders there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how the Arsenal and Liverpool nimrods are feeling about The Ox now?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The enquiry didn't consider this as it was practically impossible to prove and, in any event, it's down to the stadium to prevent unauthorised access.

The Taylor report considered as did the Health and Safety Executive.

"Ticketless fans forcing a gate" was simply a very early lie reported to the Press by the Police to cover their arses.

I know some people are uncomfortable that a conspiracy this large could possibly have happened and find it easier to relate what somebody told them down the pub.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Taylor report considered as did the Health and Safety Executive.

"Ticketless fans forcing a gate" was simply a very early lie reported to the Press by the Police to cover their arses.

I know some people are uncomfortable that a conspiracy this large could possibly have happened and find it easier to relate what somebody told them down the pub.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

OK. Who said anything about forcing a gate?

I didn't say that...clearly you just can't read very well.

What I said was. There were many ticketless fans outside the ground. SOME LFC support was there without a ticket, and when an idiotic decision was taken to open a gate at Leppings lane many fans surged in.

Have you ever been away with Albion? Were you, for example, at the Riverside for our crucial game against Boro on the last day of the season when a win for us would have meant promotion to the PL?
If you were then you would have to admit that many Albion made the trip without a ticket and, if some bellend at the ground had opened a massive gate at the back of the away end what do you think would have happened?

If you are struggling to answer, I'll tell you.

Everyone outside, with or without a bill, would have surged in and...hey presto...disaster.

I'm not blaming anyone and I was quoting people I KNOW and people with no reason to lie about their part in Hillsborough. If you want to call me a liar then good luck to you mate. The disaster was wholly avoidable. The Police and Sheffield staff were primarily to blame but, whether you like it or not, football fans will travel to marquee games without a ticket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here