Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I’d forgotten how good Ulloa is...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought he showed he is a better player than when he left us. He looked as if he perhaps understands the need to be active all over the pitch much more than before. He tended to be lazy but not today, chasing everything. It might be me but he just looks more powerful.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
All of these, we were talking about exactly the same stuff in our group

His class is so clear
He looks very fit and sharp
He looks very, very happy to be back. Laughing and joking a lot when warming up for example.
Competition for the spot up front between him and Muzza (with Jurgen waiting too, probably to put pressure on Gross, so no surprise he had his best game for ages today as well)
Good to see that Muzza and Leo had a proper big man hug when the substitution was made too.

The bench overall today looked very strong. Chuck Jurgen into the mix as well (will he replace Sam on the bench next week ?) and we’re looking alright. Just need to make sure we turn up looking for more than a point.
Spot on. Can’t understand one of the “player rating”thread comments that scored him 6 and said he wasn’t match fit. I thought he hardly put a foot wrong: super first touch and did all the simple stuff well to keep possession at the right stage of the game.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's great as a target man and has more ability in that area to bring others into play or hold the ball up than Glenn. Murray is more wily and better at winning freekicks etc. and sneaking goals from nothing though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought he showed he is a better player than when he left us. He looked as if he perhaps understands the need to be active all over the pitch much more than before. He tended to be lazy but not today, chasing everything. It might be me but he just looks more powerful.

All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I was one of those who said he was an upgrade on what we had - but he has looked even better than I remembered.

The fact that so few people seem to have noticed is yet another sad indictment of our fans footballing savvy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think this is a double whammy as his arrival has had a massive effect on the effort Glenn Murray is putting in to keep his place

Agreed - Murray was brilliant yesterday!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Muzza was caught offside but just the once IIRC?

I was in line with this one, and the Bald Headed linesman got it completely wrong, Murry was onside by a good yard when the ball was as passed.
A lot of decisions in my opinion are given when the player receives the ball, having run into an offside position after the pass has been made.

That was not the only thing he got wrong, see other post elsewhere.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
At the moment Murray is scoring and rightly in possession of the shirt, but Leo will keep him under serious pressure for that place.

The same is happening with Gross. Locadia is going to be his direct competition for a place, (Hughton isn't going to change from 4-4-1-1 and isn't going to put Gross or Locadia on the wing) it's going to be a battle royale.

All of a sudden, i'm salivating at our attacking options

Tomer and Sam sadly a long way back now and will both probably move on in the summer, certainly if we sign Leo permanently

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At the moment Murray is scoring and rightly in possession of the shirt, but Leo will keep him under serious pressure for that place.

The same is happening with Gross. Locadia is going to be his direct competition for a place, (Hughton isn't going to change from 4-4-1-1 and isn't going to put Gross or Locadia on the wing) it's going to be a battle royale.

All of a sudden, i'm salivating at our attacking options

Tomer and Sam sadly a long way back now and will both probably move on in the summer, certainly if we sign Leo permanently

At the moment, with neither March or Knockeart really buttoning down that wing spot, I can see Locadia being tried on the wing to start with because that is where we are weakest in the attack. We hope Izqueirdo can maintain some form because he is a match winner, however I'd say Locadia is most likely going to start on the right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I said exactly the same as the thread title on Wednesday night when he came on at Southampton.

My only criticism of his play yesterday was that he was frequently drawn back into central and/or wide play, more so than Murray generally is, meaning we didn't have a focal point up top.

Great to have him back though.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He really does look a class act after a few years in the Pre. Will be a great influence in the squad for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here