Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam baldock - Merged

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Assuming that we have made a significant bid for Baldock, it does make me think that perhaps signings in the key areas that need strengthening such as goalkeeper etc are close to being done since would you not use up the budget leaving yourself short in these areas?
Alternatively having thought some more it could just mean Ulloa is off, I hope it's my first thought!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not sure when the squad is off to Spain, but I believe it is fairly imminent, I wonder if they'll try and get something sorted regarding transfers (Baldock or whoever) before they go?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's a bit of a dig at the club in the article about Ulloa in the Argus online today.

He is known to be happy and settled on the South Coast with his family and would prefer to achieve his ambition of Premier League football with Albion but has also been disappointed by the scale of investment in the squad.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11323236.Sami_urges_Ulloa_to_stay/?ref=var_0

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Assuming that we have made a significant bid for Baldock, it does make me think that perhaps signings in the key areas that need strengthening such as goalkeeper etc are close to being done since would you not use up the budget leaving yourself short in these areas?
Alternatively having thought some more it could just mean Ulloa is off, I hope it's my first thought!

We need another striker anyway - probably nothing to do with Leo potentially leaving.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not sure the Albion know the meaning of the word 'Hurry'.
It might concentrate a few minds then. Sammi would surely want a couple of his new players on the tour, these things are perfect for team bonding.

I'm clutching at straws aren't I.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It might concentrate a few minds then. Sammi would surely want a couple of his new players on the tour, these things are perfect for team bonding.

I'm clutching at straws aren't I.

I think you are.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
if he is happy wasting away in L1 then he is not the sort we want, depsite spending plenty of money it could be another 2 or 3 years beofer they go up...
He may be getting very well paid in L1 but if we are matching or even slightly improving on what he is earning then he should be running down here for the chance to play at a higher level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks to be settled there, hope we don't waste time and move quickly onto the next target

I doubt we literally speak to one player at a time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Radio Sussex just said a sizeable bid has been rejected so perhaps he does want to come here and we will increase the bid but not to the figures quoted on here.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Radio Sussex just said a sizeable bid has been rejected so perhaps he does want to come here and we will increase the bid but not to the figures quoted on here.

Would seem surprising to put in an improved offer if the player has made it clear he wants to stay at BC.

Lad wants to wear the blue & white I reckon..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here