Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more business tonight

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Just a few points, can't be arsed to go into any detail:
- No-one in their right mind would expect a team to win the league in their manager's first season.
- We've been INCREDIBLY unlucky with injuries this season.
- It'll take a long time to get over the financial constraints of playing at the Withdean (this is very much underestimated).
- I genuinely can't see how anyone can criticise the bloke who's spent £200m of his own money on the club for not spending more.
- The academy isnt even built yet, we have 3rd division training facilities and yet we're still attracting some fantastic players.
- I bloody love going to the Amex, watching entertaining football and supporting my team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is try to enjoy the ride. We don't have any real control in what's happening so we might as well enjoy it.

To be fair all valid except football at home is nowhere near the level of poyet from January 13.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Just a few points, can't be arsed to go into any detail:
- No-one in their right mind would expect a team to win the league in their manager's first season.
- We've been INCREDIBLY unlucky with injuries this season.
- It'll take a long time to get over the financial constraints of playing at the Withdean (this is very much underestimated).
- I genuinely can't see how anyone can criticise the bloke who's spent £200m of his own money on the club for not spending more.
- The academy isnt even built yet, we have 3rd division training facilities and yet we're still attracting some fantastic players.
- I bloody love going to the Amex, watching entertaining football and supporting my team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is try to enjoy the ride. We don't have any real control in what's happening so we might as well enjoy it.

Amen to that

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Any of you lot putting a positive spin on this window, will be happy with anything.

Best player of last 2 years gone. 3rd choice, at best, striker to replace Barnes. Scattergun approach seemingly.

What a load of shit. I am not one for criticism like this normally.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Any of you lot putting a positive spin on this window, will be happy with anything.

Best player of last 2 years gone. 3rd choice, at best, striker to replace Barnes. Scattergun approach seemingly.

What a load of shit. I am not one for criticism like this normally.
Apologies. Let's all go and slit our wrists together.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Today is just business and players are just assets - no big deal really. Take Liam - an Albion asset yesterday but a Sunderland one today, overall we did very well and so did he.

The academy at Lancing will be a resource and its purpose is to generate future assets, some of it's output will temporarily help us towards our goals, some of it will generate cash and some of it will be waste.

No need for panic buys and no need for all the emotion, TB knows what he's doing and so do the layers in the hierarchy below him.

Keep the faith, be patient and enjoy the ride people - this club is going to good places :D

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Apologies. Let's all go and slit our wrists together.

It just makes me laugh. No more signings is a bad window. No one in their right mind would have been happy with it beforehand.

Yet because I sat in the rain against Carlisle at Withdean, according to some, I'm supposed to sit here with Les effing mis on in the background (Russell Crowe can't sing) and knock one out over some striker with a flair name but is probably shite.

Where's the rope?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It just makes me laugh. No more signings is a bad window. No one in their right mind would have been happy with it beforehand.

Yet because I sat in the rain against Carlisle at Withdean, according to some, I'm supposed to sit here with Les effing mis on in the background (Russell Crowe can't sing) and knock one out over some striker with a flair name but is probably shite.

Where's the rope?

Surely that is the key word though. All transfers are a risk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here