Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Hikers Rest?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Just found their FB page. Doesn't open till 7pm tomorrow.

Surely they are missing a trick there.

Edit
I'm an idiot and thought our game was tomorrow!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I once asked a well known Brighton based pub chain owner if he ever fancied taking on the Hikers Rest?

He replied " I'm a licensee not a missionary"

I worked for East West Taverns and asked the owner the same question and said that I would run it for him but he said it was too much of a gamble with its reputation.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Let's hope they get good business from the football crowds.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They promise local beers so there may be Harvey's

Opens at 7.00 tomorrow evening, I'm going to be there - can't wait to see what they've done to it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just got back from the opening night. A bit disappointed to see that there was little sign of the promised local beers ... or indeed of any ales at all. It's pretty much wall-to-wall lager.

I hope they get the staff clued up on the tills before the Utd game - it took three of them five minutes to sort out my order. I'm always staggered that new places hardly bother to train staff before opening, I suppose it's because they'd have to pay them but I reckon it would be money well spent.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Just got back from the opening night. A bit disappointed to see that there was little sign of the promised local beers ... or indeed of any ales at all. It's pretty much wall-to-wall lager.

I hope they get the staff clued up on the tills before the Utd game - it took three of them five minutes to sort out my order. I'm always staggered that new places hardly bother to train staff before opening, I suppose it's because they'd have to pay them but I reckon it would be money well spent.

Has it had a lick of paint or is it The Hikers in disguise? :whistle:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

That's a real shame about ales. Will skip this place until that's sorted.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
One of the mythical pubs growing up where it was believed you got stabbed as soon as you enter.

I went in there with my Mrs. once and it was scary at first (we didn't get stabbed) but eventually they took us under their wing and we had a right old good old time and were sorry when it was finally time to go home.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I went in there with my Mrs. once and it was scary at first (we didn't get stabbed) but eventually they took us under their wing and we had a right old good old time and were sorry when it was finally time to go home.
Those are the best pubs.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Certainly changed over the years

Coldean.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
After the failed shop and two different Indian takeaways, they are now converting the right hand side of the pub into a barbers.

Terrance Barbers on Lewes Road are going to open a shop there, lets hope the barbers lay off the beer until shift finished, could be dodgy using scissors whilst half- cut!

Due to open soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here