Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Benchwarmer Exodus

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think you need to read a bit more carefully.

Yes, obviously. Most engaged in this discussion, judging by the comments and thumbsup lean towards Hemed, in that argument.

Because Hemed was suspended you absolute clown.

Now, if you think we need to upgrade Hemed - that is a perfectly valid argument. It's that you are sure the Leo Ulloa of 2018 would constitute an upgrade that I struggle with.

Well, the posts haven't been up very long have they. So I don't think "the number of likes" is relevant to gauging general opinion but I would be amazed if the majority of people think Hemed is better than Ulloa.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, the posts haven't been up very long have they. So I don't think "the number of likes" is relevant to gauging general opinion but I would be amazed if the majority of people think Hemed is better than Ulloa.

Again - you're not reading.

My very first post on the subject, never suggested 'Hemed is better than Ulloa'. Quite the opposite - it said "(at his best) Ulloa is (probably) the better striker of the two".

The posts people are agreeing with stated that on recent evidence (what we all saw of both players last season with our own eyes) spending more money to swap the two is not (in our opinion) an upgrade.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
posted this on another thread ... no one answered it yet so will try here :p

"If my memory serves me correctly (often doesn't old age you know) didn't Hemed sign a one year contract extension about this time last year making him in his last year of contract again so a free agent next summer ?"

isnt that kind of reason enough (if true) for Albion to either extend his contract again or sell this window ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be fine to start the season with just 3 strikers, Andone, Locadia & Murray. We would only need another if we planned to play 2 up front. Attacking options are more important than defensive ones due to the substitutions and different attacking personnel we may try to win a game. I'd like to see a youngster given the chance

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I'd be fine to start the season with just 3 strikers, Andone, Locadia & Murray. We would only need another if we planned to play 2 up front. Attacking options are more important than defensive ones due to the substitutions and different attacking personnel we may try to win a game. I'd like to see a youngster given the chance

I would agree, however both Andone and Locadia are both carrying injuries at present, and Locadia in particular has a less than assuring injury record. If we have to rely on Murray alone again for large parts of the season, we'll be in trouble.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I would agree, however both Andone and Locadia are both carrying injuries at present, and Locadia in particular has a less than assuring injury record. If we have to rely on Murray alone again for large parts of the season, we'll be in trouble.

Murray went of injured 4 days ago, as well.

Tomer Hemed is our ONLY fully fit senior striker.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
posted this on another thread ... no one answered it yet so will try here :p

"If my memory serves me correctly (often doesn't old age you know) didn't Hemed sign a one year contract extension about this time last year making him in his last year of contract again so a free agent next summer ?"

isnt that kind of reason enough (if true) for Albion to either extend his contract again or sell this window ?

Tomer extended in November, until 30/7/19. He is now 31, wants to be playing regularly and due to his age, will only get worse and depreciate in vale. Now is definitely the right time to sell him. Unfortunately for him, the club will not sell him at the moment as it leave us with one fit striker.

Expect him to stay until January, then leave for an undisclosed fee.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Murray went of injured 4 days ago, as well.

Tomer Hemed is our ONLY fully fit senior striker.

Which is something Andy Naylor doesn’t seem to grasp in his numerous “Hemed’s on his way” articles.

His latest article is saying Hemed is on his way as he wants to play. Well unfortunately it’s not down to him as he is under contract.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
As the window is closing early this year, I'd put money on there being a number of 'loan with an option to buy' deals done after that window closes. TH has had interest from the championship and la liga, so I can see him being loaned back to Spain as soon as Andone & Locadia are fit in a couple of weeks. Then in January, said loan club pays an undisclosed fee.

FWIW I think its unfair to say he hasn't taken his chance in the Prem. He hasn't really had much of a chance. Before he got suspended last year he had what, 2 goals in 4 games? In a new league the whole team was adjusting to? He may not have impressed in training after that, but we don't know that - we can only go on what we saw on the pitch or what we're told by Hughton. Everything I saw and heard is that he's a proper professional, hard working and humble, who doesn't let the team down.

He's not a prolific Prem striker by any means, but if he had a full season starting with us I'd back him to get to double figures. His link up play is good, he's a poacher in the six yard box, and his penalty taking is second to none. Being the wrong side of 30 is probably what counts against him, and a reason for cashing in, if it's safe to do so.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tomer extended in November, until 30/7/19. He is now 31, wants to be playing regularly and due to his age, will only get worse and depreciate in vale. Now is definitely the right time to sell him. Unfortunately for him, the club will not sell him at the moment as it leave us with one fit striker.

Expect him to stay until January, then leave for an undisclosed fee.

Which is something Andy Naylor doesn’t seem to grasp in his numerous “Hemed’s on his way” articles.

His latest article is saying Hemed is on his way as he wants to play. Well unfortunately it’s not down to him as he is under contract.

As I noted elsewhere - we could, if we wished, keep him for the first few games, whilst the others regain fitness, and still let him move (initially on loan) to a Championship club or permanently to a club in Spain, Germany or France, right up until the end of the month.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
As I noted elsewhere - we could, if we wished, keep him for the first few games, whilst the others regain fitness, and still let him move (initially on loan) to a Championship club or permanently to a club in Spain, Germany or France, right up until the end of the month.

Good point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That would mean going down to a 24 man squad ???

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
That would mean going down to a 24 man squad ???

presumably the club needs to submit the official squad after the window closes on Thursday evening or on Friday before start of play so you are correct 'if' he stays for a few weeks then he must occupy a squad place and that will remain 'used up' until January

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remaining deals out to be done :

Suttner / Schelotto
Barclay / White
Towell
Norwood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here