Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian Preview

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Very good write up! Fair. It's good to read an article where the journalist has actually researched the squad and new additions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The mood feels calm and under control, which is just how Hughton likes it.

Jacob didn't give NSC a once over while writing that good piece. :lol:

If anyone is supremely bored can they check something for me:-

although one area of concern for Hughton will be his team’s vulnerabilities at set pieces. They conceded 21 goals from dead balls last season, leading to criticism of Mathew Ryan’s command of his area.

I want to say the majority of those 21 goals were in the first half of the season, but I wouldn't know where to begin in order to corroborate that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Very well written piece, well researched covering what made us strong last season, and where the problems were. Also covered the incoming players well. More so called journalists and pundits should take this approach.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
their manager will know that finishing seven points above a wretched bottom three is no reason to get carried away.

Wise words.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another excellent, accurate, well written, informative, informed, well researched, balanced and knowledgeable piece from The Guardian.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hard to argue with much of that.

This comment made me chuckle though:

No time for these self-labelled "Boutique clubs" and their hipster fans. Hope they are relegated along with Bournemouth and Fulham.

I can't think of a single time we've called ourselves a 'boutique club'.

Nor me - but I like it and am going to endeavour to use it ALL THE TIME from now on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
WTF?

"Granted, talk of survival can sound mundane when Burnley were able to back up their first campaign in the top flight by qualifying for Europe."

In their first campaign in the top flight [in modern times] Burnley were relegated.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Hard to argue with much of that.

This comment made me chuckle though:

No time for these self-labelled "Boutique clubs" and their hipster fans. Hope they are relegated along with Bournemouth and Fulham.

I can't think of a single time we've called ourselves a 'boutique club'.

That, and "Big teams like Leeds and Forest deserve to be in the PL over these sort of clubs." :tantrum:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WTF?

"Granted, talk of survival can sound mundane when Burnley were able to back up their first campaign in the top flight by qualifying for Europe."

In their first campaign in the top flight [in modern times] Burnley were relegated.
True, but obviously this time round they consolidated then finished qualifying for Europe.

Anyway, it was an excellent piece and is probably about right. We'd probably all take 14th now if offered it, but I do think there is actually plenty of scope for us to be a better side than expected. We've got several new players who really could prove to be a different class.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here