Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace, almost feel sorry for them.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I think I could find it in my heart to feel sorry for them if, say, they were asset stripped with their ground sold from under their feet, leaving them homeless and soldiering on against mighty odds, paying their way all the while through a coalition of dedicated protestors and committed benefactors with the club's best interests at heart.

Oh! That's right. There's another way. The big red "we're broke" button.

Sod 'em.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3 March – Manchester United (H) Draw
10 March – Chelsea (A) Lose
17 March – Huddersfield Town (A) Lose
31 March – Liverpool (H) Lose
7 April – Bournemouth (A) Draw
14 April – Brighton (H) Draw
21 April – Watford (A) Lose
28 April – Leicester City (H) Win
5 May – Stoke City (A) Lose
13 May – West Bromwich Albion (H) Win
As a good a prediction as any. I think they should get a point against Stoke though. Puts them on 37.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 March – Manchester United (H) Draw
10 March – Chelsea (A) Lose
17 March – Huddersfield Town (A) Lose
31 March – Liverpool (H) Lose
7 April – Bournemouth (A) Draw
14 April – Brighton (H) Draw
21 April – Watford (A) Lose
28 April – Leicester City (H) Win
5 May – Stoke City (A) Lose
13 May – West Bromwich Albion (H) Win
Never rely on Bournemouth to do us a favour - 3 points for Palace there.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It seems there is some skullduggery rumoured at Palace with Parish suspected of plans to move his ultra mates into other people's seats next year.

Lovely stuff.

Yes I saw something about this. People getting letters about not being able to renew their season tickets due to changes being made to 'improve the atmosphere" The ST holder wasn't happy. I assume the "virgins in black" are their funny Ultras?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Yes I saw something about this. People getting letters about not being able to renew their season tickets due to changes being made to 'improve the atmosphere" The ST holder wasn't happy. I assume the "virgins in black" are their funny Ultras?

Email-
Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Season Tickets for the 2018/19 season are now on sale.

However, we are currently reviewing the configuration in the Lower Holmesdale, with a view to enhancing both the atmosphere in the stadium and safety and security which means Season Tickets in this stand are currently not available to renew.

For any enquiries, please contact boxoffice@cpfc.co.uk or 08712 00 00 71 (Calls to this number are charged at 10p per minute from a BT landline, and will cost more from mobiles)

Kind regards
The Box Office

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Email-
Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Season Tickets for the 2018/19 season are now on sale.

However, we are currently reviewing the configuration in the Lower Holmesdale, with a view to enhancing both the atmosphere in the stadium and safety and security which means Season Tickets in this stand are currently not available to renew.

For any enquiries, please contact boxoffice@cpfc.co.uk or 08712 00 00 71 (Calls to this number are charged at 10p per minute from a BT landline, and will cost more from mobiles)

Kind regards
The Box Office

This was about yesterday wasn't it? Presumably someone has phoned by now and been given some sort of reason behind it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have never thought Benteke had particularly good movement. He lacks a certain mobility and is best in the air. He needs plenty of space to score and is not that adept at finding it. Murray has much better positional sense and will get on the end of more chances.

He may not be your cup of tea but 70 Prem goals in 170-odd matches and 12 in 32 for Belgium suggests he has been effective over the last 5-6 years at the top level.

I'm also surprised the Hodgson hasn't been able to sort him out.

Lush

Mods' Pet
This was about yesterday wasn't it? Presumably someone has phoned by now and been given some sort of reason behind it.

Was trying to find out from the thread on the BBS, but got bounced out after 5 pages, so don't know the latest. Have some sympathy for this guy though

"Sat there since day 1. Day ******* 1. Literally wore a hard hat and picked my seat. Will be distraught if they move me."

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Spurs deserved the 3 points yesterday. Always disappointing to concede so late in the game but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Need to try and snatch a point or two against United and Chelsea then see where we sit for the final 8 games, hopefully will get some of the squad back fit for those final games. 12 injured at the moment ,Which would stretch any squad in football.

We battle on. :thumbsup:

What's the injury latest and when do you expect players back?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Was trying to find out from the thread on the BBS, but got bounced out after 5 pages, so don't know the latest. Have some sympathy for this guy though

"Sat there since day 1. Day ******* 1. Literally wore a hard hat and picked my seat. Will be distraught if they move me."

The rumour on their board seems to be that season ticket holders of long standing may be asked to move to accommodate the requirements of that bunch of muppets that disgraced themselves down here. Parrish seems so keen to use that lot to try to manufacture some kind of identity that he is considering them as more important than fans who have been with Palace through thick and thin. Could you imagine getting thrown out of your seats because your chairman was in love with the noise made by a drum and a bunch of ex-Tottenham fans who want to be centre of attention? If they had been Brighton fans, after their actions down here, they wouldn't even be allowed in the ground, let alone getting special treatment. It is a disgrace that Palace seem to have done very little to identify and ban those responsible. If this is true, Parrish needs to be very careful. He could do with talking to Sam Hamman about how things went for him at Cardiff when he decided that we wanted to be best mates with quasi-hooligan groups.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Was sent yesterday morning, I can't view the thread on the BBS at work as it flags up something inappropriate.:(

Would make sense to move the HF to the middle of the stand though, they stand there for cup games.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Was sent yesterday morning, I can't view the thread on the BBS at work as it flags up something inappropriate.:(

Would make sense to move the HF to the middle of the stand though, they stand there for cup games.

Thank goodness we have a sensible owner who would never lie down and be dictated to by a load of spotty oiks dressed in black! Especially as the leader is a Spurs fan!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What's the injury latest and when do you expect players back?

I would not be surprised if they are "injured" for the Man u game and the Chelsea game but OK for the Liverpool at home and the Huddersfield away game. But they are all currently 2 weeks away from fitness apart from the couple of long terms.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Is that all they're doing with this, or are they also expanding the area allocated to the HFs?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As for the email, IMHO in makes sense to move the HF into the middle although that may well effect me. Back in the day of Terraces singers grouped together in the middle whether you stood there or not was up to you.

Although a rumor going round is about a safe standing block ??

And don't feel sorry for us please, its not like we haven't been up and down many times before...much prefer away to Fulham than Stoke ! I think we know we are not and will not be a permanent member of the Premier league (god that would be boring)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

They didn’t against Bolton last season, they didn’t turn up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As for the email, IMHO in makes sense to move the HF into the middle although that may well effect me. Back in the day of Terraces singers grouped together in the middle whether you stood there or not was up to you.

Although a rumor going round is about a safe standing block ??

And don't feel sorry for us please, its not like we haven't been up and down many times before...much prefer away to Fulham than Stoke ! I think we know we are not and will not be a permanent member of the Premier league (god that would be boring)

I have never thought you would go down, there are too many other clubs trying to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here