Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many Premier League record signings can you name?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
And that's cos they put a picture of Pogba on there.

Outside of Brighton I really have no interest in Premier League football.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This has only emphasised my Premier League rubbish-ness.

I got 7/20. In fact the timer is still going, but for most of the clubs I can't even guess at any names!

Link >>> https://www.footballwhispers.com/bl...medium=affiliates&utm_source=north-stand-chat

Who, other than [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], can do worse than me?

(You only need to type a surname - if you type one that's correct, it autofills it alongside the club in question)

I got 4 out of 10 (Brighton, Palace, Man U, Spurs) but I even got one of them accidentally. I typed in Sanchez thinking the Arsenal player and it came up with some Spurs player with the same name. I stood no chance though, I've honestly never heard of 13 players on that list.

What do I win?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got 7/20 but there were three more whose names I put in but failed to spell correctly.

It's not good though - there were a few I'd never heard of

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
14 was going well with 12/12 but after that the going was a bit more tricky I found only getting spurs, Watford

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ashamed to say I got 7.
Suggests I've been paying too much attention. I even call it 'The Premier League'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I lost interest after a few minutes and couldn't spell Iziquerdo (still can't, possibly?) – 3.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got 4 out of 10 (Brighton, Palace, Man U, Spurs) but I even got one of them accidentally. I typed in Sanchez thinking the Arsenal player and it came up with some Spurs player with the same name. I stood no chance though, I've honestly never heard of 13 players on that list.

What do I win?
Greatness takes many forms and even the meekest among us can stand tall. You Buzzer, win the badge of honesty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That truly is dreadful. Even I got:

Us
Burnley
Palace
Both Manchester clubs
Watford
And, amazingly, Arsenal - although it took me about 15 attempts to get the spelling right.

I got 6. SIX!

Us, Burnley, Palace, Everton, Man U and Arsenal. Like you spent ages spelling the last one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I reckon if you're younger / have no kids / spend all day on Sky Sports or FIFA or Football Manager then you'll know loads. Those struggling seem to be the more mature, old school gentlemen with offspring. I may be generalising a little but at the moment I feel the failures group is quite a comfortable place to be. I'm going to test this theory by getting my 10 year old FIFA obsessed son to try it when he gets in. Bet he doesn't get Newcastle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I reckon if you're younger / have no kids / spend all day on Sky Sports or FIFA or Football Manager then you'll know loads. Those struggling seem to be the more mature, old school gentlemen with offspring. I may be generalising a little but at the moment I feel the failures group is quite a comfortable place to be. I'm going to test this theory by getting my 10 year old FIFA obsessed son to try it when he gets in. Bet he doesn't get Newcastle.

Well my son got 13/20 (he's 10). He DID get Newcastle FFS. He also corrected my spelling of the Arsenal signing and the Chelsea signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here