Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oooooooooh you're sh*t aaaaaaaggghhh!

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I love the fact that we're one of the only teams I know in the Premier league that do this at every game.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I love the fact that we're one of the only teams I know in the Premier league that do this at every game.

On the train back to London with some City fans after we played them in the cup, they (laughingly) mentioned that they hadn't heard this for ages, and it's a real lower league thing..
(Not sure whether thats a good thing or not tbh) :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love it, but you can be sure the cringers will soon be here with their negative slant on it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think it is great, because it is what lower teams do and shows we are not ashamed of where we have come from. keep it going I say.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
It's pathetic (paid up member of the cringers association)

Almost as bad as shouting "who?" after opposition substitutions. I remember that being done v Walsall at Withdean when deMontagnac came on. He immediately scored a worldie.

Not quite as bad as standing up if you hate Palace though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oooh that's a new one. I know of the bedwetters and the lickers but who are the cringers?

Bagsy me!

hqdefault.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite. I always make a point of not standing up. Mostly because I hate being told what to do. :shrug:

'Jump around if you hate palace' :ffsparr:

Give me a tenner, every one of you, if you hate palace. :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
On the train back to London with some City fans after we played them in the cup, they (laughingly) mentioned that they hadn't heard this for ages, and it's a real lower league thing..
(Not sure whether thats a good thing or not tbh) :shrug:

It was not just a lower league thing in the '80's, everyone did it. It is a bit like inflatables at football matches, it's had it's hey day, but it isn't dead yet.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Seems a bit childish really. Still when Messi comes on as a sub sometime I will be shouting WHOO when the announcer calls his name.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
I have to say it is getting a bit tired. I cringe whenever it is broadcast on radio or the telly. So I guess I'm a cringer.

Cant we just reserve it for the genuinely shit keepers - or if they've let a couple in maybe?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Almost as bad as shouting "who?" after opposition substitutions. I remember that being done v Walsall at Withdean when deMontagnac came on. He immediately scored a worldie.

I have to say it is getting a bit tired. I cringe whenever it is broadcast on radio or the telly. So I guess I'm a cringer.

Cant we just reserve it for the genuinely shit keepers - or if they've let a couple in maybe?

Bet you two are a right laugh and vociferous at games, if you even go.

We are not one of a 'few' to use it at all. They regularly chant it on the continent, particularly in Portugal and Spain - Oooooooooohhh ...filho da putaaaaa (son of a bitch).. which is probably where it originated.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Granted I haven't seen this happen for years now, but there was something genuinely funny about that chant affecting a keeper. Perhaps they got affected by it the first time, and then the next time they go to take a kick the chanting has grown ten fold. That was probably something that happened more in the lower leagues. But also I quite like the notion of shouting at multi millionaires, who live in a different world to the rest of us, "you're sh*t1 ahhh!". Reminds them the rest of us are still here :)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I love it and I always will. Even better when the goalie sends it off for a throw in!

As for the 'Who?' - relevant to a degree in the Championship, now very much tongue in cheek - again, I don't have a problem with it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here