Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Future of North East football!

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
You also have a track record of crass incompetence and not learning from your mistakes.

I fear Burnley and West Brom and even pluckly Bournemouth miles more than I fear Newcastle. I look forward to seeing Rafa decide he's had enough in 2 months or so, then Ashley replace him with another of football's serial losers. In fact knowing Newcastle and Ashley, David Moyes is probably already drawing up a Newcastle player wish-list.

I mean, this is all very acerbic and pithy, but it's mostly nonsense, isn't it?

Ashley may be a slow learner, but he has certainly shown over the past few windows that he's able to learn.
I don't doubt you rate those teams higher, because you've not played them this year and you don't like Newcastle United. You'll elevate the Premier League sides beyond their ability, just as arrogant Premier league fans dismiss Championship sides. FWIW I was never trying to suggest that Newcastle are going to stroll back into the top flight and assume a position in the top half, far from it.
Benitez will only go if he's not properly backed in the window, I mean why in the world would he decide he's had enough after the window has shut? And why in the world would anyone employ Moyes?

If you're honest with yourself, your post wasn't made to further a discussion, it's to alert others to the fact you have a dislike for Newcastle United. That's fine and everything, but in future you could save yourself loads of time if you just post "I don't like Newcastle United".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you're honest with yourself, your post wasn't made to further a discussion, it's to alert others to the fact you have a dislike for Newcastle United. That's fine and everything, but in future you could save yourself loads of time if you just post "I don't like Newcastle United".

"I don't care about Newcastle United."

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
For arguments sake, Swansea survive, and we take the North South divide as starting at Grimsby diagonally down to Gloucester (Prof. Bailey) but includes Swansea as 'South' next season:

Brighton, Bournemouth, Southampton, Arsenal, Spurs, Watford, West Ham, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Swansea. 11.

Go back 5 years:
Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Fulham, Swansea, Norwich, QPR. 7.

Go back 10 years:
Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Reading, Portsmouth, West Ham, Fulham, Charlton, Watford. 9.

Go back 15 years:
Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Southampton, Fulham, Charlton, Ipswich, Leicester. 9.

Go back 20 years:
Arsenal, Chelsea, Wimbledon, Leicester, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton. 7.

Has Neville spotted a subtle trend?

And Fulham are (worthy, imo) favourites for the playoffs.

I think that's all Neville is suggesting - a trend, not the revolution/takeover that some are talking about. And since the country's wealth, very slowly but steadily, is also moving in the same direction, is it really that much of a surprise if the very best footballers follow?

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
"I don't care about Newcastle United."

Might be that too, but normally when I don't care about something, I don't comment on it. For example, there's threads on this board I'm guessing you've never posted in, because you do not give a shit about 530 reggae CDs?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
The secret footballer (Dave Kitson :thumbsup:) in "access all areas" digs the dirt somewhat on Sunderland. Essentially it only attracts playboys and mercenaries because they have to chuck increasing amounts of money at people in order to sign them. They are definitely looking like a Blackburn or Bolton rather than Newcastle or Norwich -

“Following on from the ruthlessness of the manager. If I was the director of football at Sunderland, I’d kick almost every single one of the players out of the club the moment I got in there. Let me tell you something about Sunderland. Nobody in football has any respect for the club. Don’t get me wrong, they did once, but they don’t now."

“This may sound harsh but I’ve witnessed it first-hand and heard tale of it, but in each of the last three seasons, from around August to March, the players of Sunderland Football Club have enjoyed a sort of prolonged stag party around the north east. Everybody in football knows it. Thus far, no manager has been able to do anything about it – in fact, they only seem to make it worse by signing the same type of player over and over again. It was only a matter of time before one of those players tripped up publicly.”

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If I was the director of football at Sunderland, I’d kick almost every single one of the players out of the club the moment I got in there. Let me tell you something about Sunderland. Nobody in football has any respect for the club. Don’t get me wrong, they did once, but they don’t now."[/I]

This approach was suggested by that loopy fascist, PDC. The players revolted and he was kicked out to spend more time with his Mussolni memorabilia. You do wonder, however, whether the club should have listened to his suggestion. I'm sure that this is not going to end well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Might be that too, but normally when I don't care about something, I don't comment on it. For example, there's threads on this board I'm guessing you've never posted in, because you do not give a shit about 530 reggae CDs?

Just an observation, keep yer trolleys on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here