Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert has got right up the noses of Leeds.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Do you look down on people who earn less than you?

People can't help where they live.

Err I live in Leeds so I am pretty well judged to comment on the conditions up here. Yes there is the odd decent area but there are still a lot of areas that are deemed by Leeds city council as slum areas, so much so they started to knock them down until they realised they didnt have any houses to put the residents in or enough money to rebuild on the areas where they knocked the houses down. This was not in the 50s 60s or 70s, but in the last 3 years

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Err I live in Leeds so I am pretty well judged to comment on the conditions up here. Yes there is the odd decent area but there are still a lot of areas that are deemed by Leeds city council as slum areas, so much so they started to knock them down until they realised they didnt have any houses to put the residents in or enough money to rebuild on the areas where they knocked the houses down. This was not in the 50s 60s or 70s, but in the last 3 years

I think there is more than the odd decent area. Moortown, Adel, Cookridge, Horsforth, Roundhay, Temple Newsam, Oakwood, Shadwell for examples.

The council estates were solid built houses but turned into slums by some of the tenants that lived there. The biggest problem was building sub standard blocks of flats in the 60s, but there was more than a hint of shaking hands with local councillors for planning permission.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here