Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think it's the fact most EU countries abstained, when one might have thought they'd back another EU member in this instance. Have we upset them recently or something?

Looks like Bulgaria, Croatia, Lithuania and Hungary were among the 15 countries worldwide who did support us though. Most Commonwealth countries voted against us too.

Countries voted against us or abstained not because of Brexit but because we've behaved appallingly over many years on this matter.

Jan 30, 2008
Why do people today feel that every human on the planet should have the right to move to where they want to be? Whether it is political beliefs, sexual orientation, war or any other reason? If you cannot support yourself when moving why should the country you choose to move to fund you? In the past the people of this country didn't have that choice and had to fight for their right to self determination and survival. What has changed?
totally agree, all this clap trap about split families, well there's some serious choices to be made i'm afraid, YOU'R EITHER IN OR OUT OF THIS COUNTRY REGARDLESS OF YOUR FAMILY SITUATION is the way I see it.???
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
im saying that if there were residency (in particular) and citizen regulations then rules around them could be applied... wouldnt sovle the "problem" for some but it would address emotive issue of benefit tourism for example.

Are EU citizens big on benefit tourism?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's the fact most EU countries abstained, when one might have thought they'd back another EU member in this instance. Have we upset them recently or something?

Looks like Bulgaria, Croatia, Lithuania and Hungary were among the 15 countries worldwide who did support us though. Most Commonwealth countries voted against us too.
Doesn't really matter to us, does it. We only retained it to let the US use it as an air base. There is no native population on the island to worry about. Just hand it over lock, stock and barrel to the yanks and they can deal with the problem as they will.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A telling indication of the our diminished status on the world stage, I'm afraid

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
totally agree, all this clap trap about split families, well there's some serious choices to be made i'm afraid, YOU'R EITHER IN OR OUT OF THIS COUNTRY REGARDLESS OF YOUR FAMILY SITUATION is the way I see it.???
regards
DR

What's your view on EU nationals who have lived here for, say, twenty years ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here