Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Becker.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the radio I'm sure I heard them say something about mortgaging his £6M home. How can you be declared bankrupt and own a £6M home FFS?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
He was served the bankruptcy in court today. They’ll have to call in the receiver.

I agree the media are going to love this and will take advantage. You’d have thought with his net income he would be set for life, how could he let this happen? I wonder if he will challenge the decision even though he’s clearly at fault?
This thread deserves a bounce.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
When was he served the bankruptcy.
He will have to grow some balls and get a grip because bankruptcy can be a right old racket.
The net amount he owes means that bonking Boris will be in and out of the news but this will all be to his advantage.
His reputation is now on the line and he will expect a volley from media who will put a spin on it, he will need those that love him to rally round and offer him a backhander and hopefully he will make a return.

He was served the bankruptcy in court today. They’ll have to call in the receiver.

I agree the media are going to love this and will take advantage. You’d have thought with his net income he would be set for life, how could he let this happen? I wonder if he will challenge the decision even though he’s clearly at fault?

This thread deserves a bounce.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
I don't understand how this is possible? He won well over £10m in prize money during his career, the interest alone from that money would be enough to live on comfortably for the rest of your life.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You would have thought Djokovic would have been paying him a nice sum as well for being his coach until recently. Wouldn't be surprised if a gambling addiction may have some role in this.

theboybilly

I don't understand how this is possible? He won well over £10m in prize money during his career, the interest alone from that money would be enough to live on comfortably for the rest of your life.

For YOUR life maybe but Boris mixes in different circles. He's likely been mollycoddled all his younger life and the majority of his dosh has been taken by hangers-on. They won't want to know him now. But he's not the first celebrity to walk this path and he won't be the last. He'll be alright - more than alright in fact

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Today I will mostly be commenting on threads about people called Boris.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Mate of mine went bust 3 times. Always ended up with a nice house and cars.

I also knew someone who did the same . Owing so many people and suppliers . Then started again and repeated the whole scenario leaving many without their money . Never showed an ounce of shame .

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I also knew someone who did the same . Owing so many people and suppliers . Then started again and repeated the whole scenario leaving many without their money . Never showed an ounce of shame .

Was it this guy?

Crystal+Palace+v+Leeds+United+npower+Championship+zL4jAjWN7Rtl.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I suspect that was by using limited companies? Easily done, perhaps too easily.

Personal bankruptcy, as with Becker, is an entirely different matter. The debts may get cleared, but the individual can lose all their assets and it directly / indirectly adversely affects them in many ways for years afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here