Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017-18 Fixtures [Home to Man City - first game]

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Oh balls I just saw that the one game on when I am back in October is West Ham away. All hopes of me seeing the stripes in the premier league this year are up in smoke.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Can I just put in a moan and ask people to stop referring to Manchester United simply as "United"?

Other Uniteds are available, for example at Newcastle or West Ham.

Likewise "City". Not everyone immediately thinks of Stoke, Swansea or Leicester.

Blimey, how petty. West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester, Stoke and Swansea are only referred to "United" or "City" by their OWN fans.

Manchester United have been know as "United" by everyone who follows football for decades

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Man City haven't lost on the opening day of the season since 2008/2009 when they lost 4-2 away to Aston Villa

Blah.... Blah....

Dear god, we better let everyone know not to bother turning up then, glad you pointed that out saved me a few quid going.

Come on where's your optimism, records are there to be broken and I'd take a draw....

Blimey, how petty. West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester, Stoke and Swansea are only referred to "United" or "City" by their OWN fans.

Manchester United have been know as "United" by everyone who follows football for decades

Oh I see. Following the Albion has now taken us into that place where "everyone who follows football" resides.

I had a funny feeling things were going wrong.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Oh I see. Following the Albion has now taken us into that place where "everyone who follows football" resides.

I had a funny feeling things were going wrong.

It's like supporting Citeh as well. Manchester is full of them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well you can't. But you do get to go to Wembley on a cold Tuesday night in mid December.

We'd have taken thousands to Wembley on a weekend in August, and we end up with that. FFS.

Yes, that was my first thought as it was the first fixture I looked for, tend to avoid midweek games as it's an arse to get home.

Annoying, and if the league games are like the CL it's going to take hours to get home after, even longer than WHL.

Plus point is Anyone that wants a ticket now will prob get one.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Last home game at Goldstone - Doncaster
First home game at Amex - Doncaster

Last home match in top division - Man City
First home match in return to top division - Man City

Nice!

In a similar vein, I believe that all 3 promoted clubs opening fixtures are against the teams they last played when in the top flight.

Also, of note we do seem to play Man U, Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea all away in the first-half of the season so we get the trips to the majority of the big guns out of the way before New Years Day.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Blah.... Blah....

Dear god, we better let everyone know not to bother turning up then, glad you pointed that out saved me a few quid going.

Come on where's your optimism, records are there to be broken and I'd take a draw....

At no point did I say i wasn't optimistic? I'm looking forward to it, anything can happen! I was just passing on a fact i read online.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a bad opening set of fixtures , would have been nice to get a big club to start i suppose but beggars cant be choosers .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In a similar vein, I believe that all 3 promoted clubs opening fixtures are against the teams they last played when in the top flight.

Also, of note we do seem to play Man U, Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea all away in the first-half of the season so we get the trips to the majority of the big guns out of the way before New Years Day.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Nope, Huddersfield have played Palace 24 times since they were last in the top flight. It's (inevitably) true for Newcastle as they'd only been out for one season.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Nope, Huddersfield have played Palace 24 times since they were last in the top flight. It's (inevitably) true for Newcastle as they'd only been out for one season.

I think the OP was referring to their last top flight fixture being repeated rather than the last time they played each other.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
When does rejigging to Sunday (most common other day) get sorted? As Euro competition dates for qualifiers are known until Xmas would have thought it possible to be clear which games will deffo be on Sunday for first half of season. Is it when group stages are drawn?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

Sorry, you are incorrect.

I think the OP was referring to their last top flight fixture being repeated rather than the last time they played each other.

You are correct.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here