Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
People keep saying this but are presumably comparing a national exit poll with local results in which case irrelevant. They must have local exit data though?

Yes they do. BBC said Newcastle exit poll suggested 7% swing to Labour and it was actually 2%. Sunderland exit poll suggested 3.5% swing to labour and it was actually 3.5% to Conservatives.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the exit poll is right, no huge Tory majority, in fact, maybe no Tory majority
Yes I know that.
ergo I'm happy
Oh I see, that's all it was :) I thought you were predicting how a government would form and what it would mean for our country, because right now, I've no bloody idea what's going to happen, and I can't say I'm delighted about that.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No, I'm massively light on cider.

However, I do have about 8-10 bottles of very decent gin, plenty of Fever Tree and ice. I appreciate your concern, but I reckon I'll muddle on through.

Ahhh, secret Gin stash. Mind your head in the morning.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
......done my 3 for £7 nibbles from M&S already. Rash and foolish.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No, I'm massively light on cider.

However, I do have about 8-10 bottles of very decent gin, plenty of Fever Tree and ice. I appreciate your concern, but I reckon I'll muddle on through.
Yeah I'm on the G&T now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm beginning to feel tired. What's better: tea or crisps?

This a crunch time. On a normal night you may just be starting to think about heading to bed around now. You've got to smash through your body's natural urges.

With that in mind, smash into the booze.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What is the point of the Exit Poll, other than to allow currency speculators to make a few quid between 10pm and midnight?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes they do. BBC said Newcastle exit poll suggested 7% swing to Labour and it was actually 2%. Sunderland exit poll suggested 3.5% swing to labour and it was actually 3.5% to Conservatives.

Not necessarily - it depends if they had an exit poll in those two constituencies. They only cover 100 or so - but then again you would have thought they go to the ones that declare early.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I was hoping for a pyrrhic victory for May but expecting a landslide. I'm going to be up all night.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here