Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russia's Hooligan Army.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
be interested to see how many fans fancy going to Russia, hooligans will be given free pass by the police. And then there's the police.....

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
just as an aside, if you've never seen this it's called Battle of the Nations. Very strict rules (no sharp edges and all kit has to be authentic), Russia and Israel regularly do very well as they are all ex forces. From what I saw of some in France I reckon the Russian hooligans are as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3jV93rNils

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
p04s5vqs.jpg

isn't that an image from the Channel 5 Dogging documentary?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
be interested to see how many fans fancy going to Russia, hooligans will be given free pass by the police. And then there's the police.....

Been thinking the same thing. Looking at the free reign they were given in France, f*** knows what its going to be like in Russia. Seems like anyone with an English accent is at risk, regardless of age, gender and most importantly the intention or ability to fight. I think Russia have already made it clear that these homeboy 'heroes' are to be celebrated for their 'bravery'. Not sure that weighing up the risk of being put in a coma for having a few vodkas and singing along with the boys should be part of any travel plan.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Been thinking the same thing. Looking at the free reign they were given in France, f*** knows what its going to be like in Russia. Seems like anyone with an English accent is at risk, regardless of age, gender and most importantly the intention or ability to fight. I think Russia have already made it clear that these homeboy 'heroes' are to be celebrated for their 'bravery'. Not sure that weighing up the risk of being put in a coma for having a few vodkas and singing along with the boys should be part of any travel plan.

Me and a fellow seagull are provisionally planning on going for a few days, they can't ALL be LOONS can they?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I went to Moscow for an England match about ten years ago. The place is totally stuck in a timewarp. Pretty scary. The hotel where most England fans were staying was petrol bombed on the first night, meaning a strong police presence was needed for the rest of the stay. At the match itself there was more different types of police/army uniform than I have ever seen in my life. I would say there was at least one policeman/army for every England fan there. But they disappeared pretty quickly in and around Moscow.

I cannot possibly see how a world cup can be played in that country without there being significant trouble. Their only hope is that it isn't widely reported and hushed up, but there will be trouble, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were deaths.

And the traffic and transport system around Moscow is a total disaster, taxi drivers are scary and reckless, and the food totally sucks.

Great selection Blatter.

And still I'm 50:50 whether to go or not :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I went to Moscow for an England match about ten years ago. The place is totally stuck in a timewarp. Pretty scary. The hotel where most England fans were staying was petrol bombed on the first night, meaning a strong police presence was needed for the rest of the stay. At the match itself there was more different types of police/army uniform than I have ever seen in my life. I would say there was at least one policeman/army for every England fan there. But they disappeared pretty quickly in and around Moscow.

I cannot possibly see how a world cup can be played in that country without there being significant trouble. Their only hope is that it isn't widely reported and hushed up, but there will be trouble, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were deaths.

And the traffic and transport system around Moscow is a total disaster, taxi drivers are scary and reckless, and the food totally sucks.

Great selection Blatter.

And still I'm 50:50 whether to go or not :)

Hotel Cosmos with the underground lap dancing club.... we stayed there and dubbed it the safe house.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Just wish we'd boycott it, think just give our pass to the Scots

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Hotel Cosmos with the underground lap dancing club.... we stayed there and dubbed it the safe house.

That's the fella. I took my son with me who was 9 at the time, so never made it to the underground lap dancing club!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's the fella. I took my son with me who was 9 at the time, so never made it to the underground lap dancing club!

Thats what he tells his mum at least ;-)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The difference is in England we ban lads for standing up for them selves against a mob of Russians and in Russia their politicians applaud and even join their hooligans..

Just makes me glad we don't live in Russia. Not to say I agree with the punitive action taken against the English fans but f**k knows I'd rather not live in a country where the politicians are violent thugs instead of just posh tossers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Presumably these fellas are still susceptible to a well-luzzed plastic or aluminium chair, or are they resistant to that too? Our boys are ****ed if that has no effect on them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Presumably these fellas are still susceptible to a well-luzzed plastic or aluminium chair, or are they resistant to that too? Our boys are ****ed if that has no effect on them.
Sadly I fear that the era of chair luzzing is over. I doubt even a well luzzed aluminium table would drop a rampaging, roided up, meth snorting Russian ****.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Looks like FIFA are taking it seriously http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38992310

Fifa president Gianni Infantino says he is "not at all concerned" by the threat of hooliganism at next year's World Cup in Russia.

At Euro 2016, there were violent clashes between Russian and English supporters in Marseille.

One Russian fan, speaking as part of a BBC documentary to be broadcast on Thursday, said trouble is "100% guaranteed" at the 2018 World Cup.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I am undecided on the WC in Russia, if we get a game in St Petersburg I will go, but all groups have a game in Moscow and I will not be doing that one, really really did not enjoy the place on match day. As others have said they are in a different league. Moscow away we got attacked in red square, they threw a flare in amongst us and picked off people as everyone got split up. Then there were the clashes in Marseilles. The french police could not handle them and they basically did not give a shit about who they attacked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUhWij84rOg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here