Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

open box /zgemma

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Finally got fed up with Virgin...my package has gone up now to £108 per month,
The broadband is very reliable and fast, but the landline phone costs £18 per month, ( never use it) I asked to cancel the phone and I was told I would lose discounts on my account and the price would go up!!!

The only premium channels I have are Sports but I can watch all of them via KODI.

I will be calling Virgin this week to try and get a reduction with the threat of leaving..( it has worked before)

Otherwise I am looking at an openbox / zgemma box has anyone got one or have any experiences with them...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
No, I just use Kodi
Got everything I need

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Im happy with Kodi for movies and sport but the H2H zgemma box is £80 and has all the things like EPG, recording etc..

just need to maintain an active virgin line ie broadband.

Which box are you looking at our of interest. I have heard good things about these and I'm thinking of getting one.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Which box are you looking at our of interest. I have heard good things about these and I'm thinking of getting one.

because I currently use virgin Im looking at the zgemma H2H box, its £85 and has a cable tuner and a satellite receiver,
Im led to believe its full HD,

Google ' zgemma H2H ' there are plenty of forums, ......world of satellite has a good forum.
be careful if you buy one some facebook pages ( UK TV FOR ALL ) are charging £190

www.zgemma.co.uk is charging £85.

Will PM you if I get any more info.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
because I currently use virgin Im looking at the zgemma H2H box, its £85 and has a cable tuner and a satellite receiver,
Im led to believe its full HD,

Google ' zgemma H2H ' there are plenty of forums, ......world of satellite has a good forum.
be careful if you buy one some facebook pages ( UK TV FOR ALL ) are charging £190

www.zgemma.co.uk is charging £85.

Will PM you if I get any more info.

Yeah, I know prices differ wildly. It's people trying to profit from the current craze of kodi etc. Still undecided which box I will go for. I know there is a way to get EPG and record from my kodi box but have to look into that a bit more.

If you are interested carphone warehouse are doing a deal where you get all the sky channels for £30 month. Obviously you would need broadband as well but could just stay with virgin for that.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Whilst not passing comment on ethics/legality, these threads do make me smile in their candour.

EDF are charging me way too much for electric. I'm toying with hooking up to the lamppost or waiting for my neighbours to go out so I can spur off of them. Anyone have any experience or know a 'man that can'?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Yeah, I know prices differ wildly. It's people trying to profit from the current craze of kodi etc. Still undecided which box I will go for. I know there is a way to get EPG and record from my kodi box but have to look into that a bit more.

If you are interested carphone warehouse are doing a deal where you get all the sky channels for £30 month. Obviously you would need broadband as well but could just stay with virgin for that.
Be careful getting sky from carphone warehouse. Try and get something in writing about what you're signing up for. Their invoices don't contain any details of the actual package you buy, just a price.

Other half took out a package, got told one price. Sky bill came through and it was much higher. Neither company wanted to take responsibility and it was a nightmare to sort out.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Be careful getting sky from carphone warehouse. Try and get something in writing about what you're signing up for. Their invoices don't contain any details of the actual package you buy, just a price.

Other half took out a package, got told one price. Sky bill came through and it was much higher. Neither company wanted to take responsibility and it was a nightmare to sort out.

Don't know what they are like to be honest, just know about the deal.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If you just used NowTV you could have all the Sky 'good' entertainment channels plus box sets plus all sky movies plus all sports channels for £49 /month all on a monthly deal. Or just dip in and out as you please.
You will of course need a BB connection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here