Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola Ameobi

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Wont he have made his money by now during his career so perhaps money is not so important.

Sorry to disagree but its human nature to chase as much money as possible. as much as un non professional players look at football with rose tinted glasses ie, I would love to play for BHA and prove myself , I think ALL pro players will chase the money.
I know I would in my given job...I would not work for peanuts just to prove myself..After all he is 33 and its a bit late for proving.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"The Press Association are reporting that West Brom have agreed terms to sign Shola Ameobi.

The 33-year-old former Newcastle striker is available on a free transfer, having left Gaziantep in December after just five months in Turkey"

BBC website.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wont he have made his money by now during his career so perhaps money is not so important.

Wouldnt expect him to play for nothing unless he was in the Beckham/Rooney wealth bracket but he may not be pushing for top dollar and would possibly accept a wage we could afford but it seems he is going to sign for WBA.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[tweet]558802439621861377[/tweet]

Off to the scum it seems....

That is hard to believe as it was Pardew who got shot of him at Newcastle. Why would he want to rejoin him and join their list of strikers to be 4th or 5th choice, at his age he wants and needs to play regularly.?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here