edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is true. He wasn't a nasty player back in his day though, was he?

Just seems odd. They seem to have a reputation for decent football, which is rather at odds with the gamesmanship they've displayed in both games.

Shame that Fraser lad didn't get much of a game. I was most amused by his constant diving at whatever they call Dean Court this week. I was hoping for another exhibition of textbook floor-kissing & bleating to Hoops.

You'll remember the Withdean game, where that w4nker Symes kicked Ankergren in the face, breaking his nose, and elbowed Tommy Elphick in the head? Eddie 'missed' both incidents, yet had a good view of the crucial penalty at the end.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You'll remember the Withdean game, where that w4nker Symes kicked Ankergren in the face, breaking his nose, and elbowed Tommy Elphick in the head? Eddie 'missed' both incidents, yet had a good view of the crucial penalty at the end.

Another dodgy penalty

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was that the game where the official gave the penalty for a foul that was a yard outside the area?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'm genuinely surprised that you're surprised. Nasty manager who sets his teams up to play nasty football, but gets away with it because he 'looks nice'.

Nowhere near as bad as some of the managers in this league....billy davies is the worst and sets his teams out to play nasty cynical footy.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was that the game where the official gave the penalty for a foul that was a yard outside the area?

If I remember rightly it was elphick going up for a header on the edge of the D and it hit his hand and the referee awarded a penalty. It was last minute as well which only added to the disbelief

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Dear God. That's a shocker. I don't think I've ever heard a football supporter refer to a referee by a nickname before, at least not an affectionate one anyway. "Hoops"?

I hear we've got Foysey this weekend. Wonder when Webbo, Atters & Durse are next in town?

see my posts in the Hooper thread...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Dear God. That's a shocker. I don't think I've ever heard a football supporter refer to a referee by a nickname before, at least not an affectionate one anyway. "Hoops"?

I hear we've got Foysey this weekend. Wonder when Webbo, Atters & Durse are next in town?
Never be as good as morts !

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I remember rightly it was elphick going up for a header on the edge of the D and it hit his hand and the referee awarded a penalty. It was last minute as well which only added to the disbelief

Elphick went up for the header, and got a massive shove in the back from Fletcher, causing his arm to go up. It was a yard outside the box, and it was unclear whether it was his hand, or Fetcher's that it actually touched. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I wouldn't say Bournemouth were tinpot.

Yeah it was a massive game for them but the only person you can blame for yesterday is the ref.

I thought they played quite pretty football when they had the ball, a little bit dirty when they didn't but you cant blame them for trying their luck with a ref that wasn't fit to officiate a game of tiddlywinks.

I think it's obvious that he will get demoted to League 2 or lower for the foreseeable future. I feel for the fans of Accrington Stanley etc who will have to put up with him as they support their team just as much as we support ours. If he's not good enough to ref in the Championship then he's not good enough to ref, full stop.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Elphick went up for the header, and got a massive shove in the back from Fletcher, causing his arm to go up. It was a yard outside the box, and it was unclear whether it was his hand, or Fetcher's that it actually touched. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

It was Fletchers hand. Not sure which decision was worse really. It was hard to see who handled it but they should of seen how far outside the box it was.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Fletcher ,now there`s a name that reminds me of porridge ,only Stanley Norman Fletcher didnt get away with as much as that over bearing ,over rated cynical dirty excuse for a football player.But apart from that he was alright .

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
I wouldn't say Bournemouth were tinpot.

Yeah it was a massive game for them but the only person you can blame for yesterday is the ref.

Why was it a massive game for us…? Yeah we looked forward to it, in a kind of South Coast derby fashion, but in no way would I have described it as massive…

Our 'big look forward to' game was a few weeks ago up at Reading and we played them off the park for most of the game and won :) Even that game was not 'Massive' for us…

We're here, in the Championship, on merit… No games are 'massive' for us… :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Have not read much of this thread but thought Bore Muff wasted time from the first minute till the last twenty minutes when we battered them.
Not the worst team we have played but we could and should have won by 7 goals------I am biassed btw.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Why was it a massive game for us…? Yeah we looked forward to it, in a kind of South Coast derby fashion, but in no way would I have described it as massive…

Our 'big look forward to' game was a few weeks ago up at Reading and we played them off the park for most of the game and won :) Even that game was not 'Massive' for us…

We're here, in the Championship, on merit… No games are 'massive' for us… :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people that think just coz a team plays Brighton it must be their cup final. I was more referring to the fact that before the game all the Bournemouth fans I spoke to were talking about the 3 away wins on the trot chance and how it had never been done before at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here