Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Mine: Your order is being processed.

[h=2]Thank you for your order.[/h][h=2]We will notify you as items are dispatched.[/h]

The Missus' said the above earlier but now says (when reviewing order) :

We're Sorry.
Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.

We'll see. :shrug:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Does anybody know why the contract prices (per month) are so extortionately expensive for the iPhone 6? EE's cheapest for the 6+ is about £60 a month, vodafone starts at £48/month.

Can't really afford the initial outlay to pay up front and those contract prices are a total joke. (£60/month for 24 months works out at over £1400...) has anybody seen a good contract so far? I currently pay £37/month for the iPhone 5 and i got that a month after release.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Does anybody know why the contract prices (per month) are so extortionately expensive for the iPhone 6? EE's cheapest for the 6+ is about £60 a month, vodafone starts at £48/month.

Can't really afford the initial outlay to pay up front and those contract prices are a total joke. (£60/month for 24 months works out at over £1400...) has anybody seen a good contract so far? I currently pay £37/month for the iPhone 5 and i got that a month after release.

Currently waiting for Three's prices.
Hopefully they undercut the lot.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This isn't like a small jump though, absolutely ludicrous jump in price per month. If 3 do undercut them massively i will 100% be going with them.

Another option is to give it a 2-3 weeks, sign up to 'Topcashback', order a contract from Phones4U via 'TCB' and claim an easy £100.00 cash in your pocket.
That'll take the sting out of the £43.00 p/m.

Edit: Will be more likely £50.00 cash back.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Another option is to give it a 2-3 weeks, sign up to 'Topcashback', order a contract from Phones4U via 'TCB' and claim an easy £100.00 cash in your pocket.
That'll take the sting out of the £43.00 p/m.

Edit: Will be more likely £50.00 cash back.

Think I may just sack them all off and wait out my Vodafone contract, save a little bit and buy it outright with a giffgaff sim.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was up Churchill Square just now so I popped into the Apple Store, made out I had a pre-order for next Friday.

First, there will be 2 entrances. 1 for those who turn up on the day on the off chance, and 1 for pre-orders. He said the wait if any for pre-orders would likely be 15 min max. If you just want to go in and get out as fast as you can then you will be able to. If you want to faff about getting your ass licked by the 'geniuses' then your wait will likely be longer. ID must be shown from the person who placed the order.

He confirmed this method was also used for the iPhone 5 launch. :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He's wrong - they didn't. 5s maybe, but not the 5.

I was waiting for the 5 and there were 2 queues:

- Getting the phone on a contract (about 20 people)
- Getting the phone SIM-free (about 500 people)

Quick google confirms my version of events: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1734014

I dunno :shrug: Maybe certain stores were trialling it? I got my details from 2 people, one a mate who got his pre-reserved at Regent Street on launch day, one an Apple employee who claimed to be working on that day at Churchill Square.

Anyway, that's history it will 100% be in operation for Churchill Sq next Friday.

ps..he said it's VITAL that people get there selected time slot. Although the phone will still be held till close of business but the wait when you turn up is likely to be lengthy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never been able to get my head around the thought process that drives people to turn up hours or even days early and queue outside a shop for a product on launch day, be it a phone, a games console, a new game...

Why not order online and have it delivered, or (gasp) wait a week or so ? They'll be widely available soon enough. I find the hysteria some folk have to get these things the DAY they come out genuinely bemusing.

:shrug:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
iphone_6_welcome-to-2012_image.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've never been able to get my head around the thought process that drives people to turn up hours or even days early and queue outside a shop for a product on launch day, be it a phone, a games console, a new game...

Why not order online and have it delivered, or (gasp) wait a week or so ? They'll be widely available soon enough. I find the hysteria some folk have to get these things the DAY they come out genuinely bemusing.

:shrug:

In my case, being a self-confessed Apple fanboy, I just wanted to do the queueing once to experience it having read so much about past launches. It was nothing to do with the need or even desire to have the phone on launch day itself. It all started well enough - the Apple dudes coming round and handing breakfast out to everyone and there was really good atmosphere around the whole thing, but after that it was a pretty poor experience.

The queue moved far slower than it should have done and it became clear that there was a group of people who were successfully getting in, buying their phone, walking away and then rejoining the queue at the front with their friends and buying another phone. They were doing this to send the phones to their family in parts of the world where the phone wasn't being launched and where the phone could be sold for a hefty premium. In the end the Apple dudes had to fence this group off, saw them through the store (some for the umpteenth time) before letting everyone else in the queue take their turns.

But, if you do want a new Apple phone it can be a struggle to get one for many weeks or, even months if you don't get one on launch day and you can spend a lot of time trying to do so. The time spent invested on launch day could be considerably less than may be spent trying to track one down in the weeks that follow. (I appreciate such happenings don't exist in Android-land)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In my case, being a self-confessed Apple fanboy, I just wanted to do the queueing once to experience it having read so much about past launches. It was nothing to do with the need or even desire to have the phone on launch day itself. It all started well enough - the Apple dudes coming round and handing breakfast out to everyone and there was really good atmosphere around the whole thing, but after that it was a pretty poor experience. The queue moved far slower than it should have done and it became clear that there was a group of people who were successfully getting in, buying their phone, walking away and then rejoining the queue at the front with their friends and buying another phone. They were doing this to send the phones to their family in parts of the world where the phone wasn't being launched and where the phone could be sold for a hefty premium. In the end the Apple dudes had to fence this group off, see them through the store (some for the umpteenth time) before letting everyone else in the queue take their turns.

But, if you do want a new Apple phone it can be a struggle to get one for many weeks or, even months if you don't get one on launch day and you can spend a lot of time trying to do so. The time spent invested on launch day could be considerably less than may be spent trying to track one down in the weeks that follow. (I appreciate such happenings don't exist in Android-land)

Fair enough. I just hate queuing of any kind and will go out of my way to avoid it at all costs. I think the last thing I queued round the block for was a ticket for Millwall away in the playoffs.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Slight side topic and a plus for iOS !

Is the football league not available anymore on android?

If no, commentary only available via puffin or dolphin I guess ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here