Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the Ref...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactly. And even today - whilst we may argue with the odd decision - I thought he handled the game well and didn't make the game about him. I'm half terrified and half can't wait for the day Dean refs us again.

Maybe I am missing something here but your reply whilst first agreeing with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], goes off in the opposite direction and contradicts the sentiment entirely.

The decision not to send the Bournemouth defender off when City were clean through on goal was shocking. It was one he should have to publicly justify, it changed the game and could have implications for us as well. Dean is a dreadful ref who should never referee professional football again. He thinks he's above the law and all the while he flouts it, he is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If we are to believe the Bournemouth steward who made a statement to the Police, then another red card should have been issued for the assault on the steward, but Mike Dean was just thinking as he always does ME ME ME ME

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Maybe I am missing something here but your reply whilst first agreeing with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], goes off in the opposite direction and contradicts the sentiment entirely.

The decision not to send the Bournemouth defender off when City were clean through on goal was shocking. It was one he should have to publicly justify, it changed the game and could have implications for us as well. Dean is a dreadful ref who should never referee professional football again. He thinks he's above the law and all the while he flouts it, he is.

Sorry - I was talking about our ref today at Watford. Didn't make myself particularly clear. Dean is indeed a dreadful ref who I will never ever forgive.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Reporters thought his (inaccurate) cop out was that Man City player clean through was a long way from goal. Looks like another home town decision.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry - I was talking about our ref today at Watford. Didn't make myself particularly clear. Dean is indeed a dreadful ref who I will never ever forgive.

Ah, understood! Yep, never forget what he did to our club!

Reporters thought his (inaccurate) cop out was that Man City player clean through was a long way from goal. Looks like another home town decision.

Plain and simple, he is a cheat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, as long as we aren't in a relegation 6 pointer with the scum from up the road, I can't wait. His reception will make Pritchard's seem like a cakewalk.

If we're in a relegation 6 pointer on the 28th November, it would probably mean we didn't get any strikers in. In which case: Barber Out!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The man city supporters earnt him the booking, go mad and celebrate but don't go on the pitch there's a football match to finish

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The man city supporters earnt him the booking, go mad and celebrate but don't go on the pitch there's a football match to finish
Yeah it was that really, not helped by the fact that he dived into the supporters. Personally I think the booking was correct.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have zero idea why you think I have any love for Man Utd, but putting that aside... Seriously? It's the 3rd game of the season. What is with your hype "vital" "huge setback" "body blow". Give over.

If you don't get the emotion surrounding football, 3rd game or 35th game, you just don't get football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hate The Complete And Utter Shyster as much as the next man but with the law as it is Sterling has to go.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you don't get the emotion surrounding football, 3rd game or 35th game, you just don't get football.

Oh please. All over this board fans are being criticised for rushing to judgement on players because it's two, three games. Not enough has happened for us to judge. There's so much of the season to go. Criticised for "bedwetting" and told not to get carried away with two losses the season has barely started, long way to go, etc.

Putting things into context is as much a part of football as emotion. And in the context of the 3rd game of the season. In the context of the cost of the man city team, the quality of the man city team, the expectations of the man city team v those of Bournemouth; that sort of celebration seems ott.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here