Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is like Hinshelwood all over again

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
More like Adams mk 2, performing under all expectations, manager seemingly unwilling to admit the problem(s) and the board lining up loans to try and get the manager out of the hole he has created.

Stumpy Tim

More like Adams mk 2, performing under all expectations, manager seemingly unwilling to admit the problem(s) and the board lining up loans to try and get the manager out of the hole he has created.
Was going to say the same. This is Adams all over again. Hyppia said that there's nothing with the formation, despite everyone knowing there is. He's got to go. Simple as that

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This is worse than tinsel head,at least then we expected **** all.

This is also worse in that the football landscape has changed. The implication of relegation in terms of the whole gearing of the club would be a disaster in a way that relegation back then wasn't so.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Under Hinshelwood we slipped to bottom of the table and got further from safety as every game passed with 0 points gained, with a team that simply didn't have the quality needed to survive in the division.

Under Hyypia the draws and the extra league win has kept us out of the relegation zone so far, and if we do drop into it we will still be in touching distance of safety. We have a team that has the ability to succeed in this division, that has in flashes shown an ability to play really well. If we change manager we will have a massive chance to stay up. We also have the chance that if we stick with Hyypia things will come good on the pitch. Either way we could end up comfortably safe, and come the end of February even have some of our more optimistic fans working out what combinations of results we need to sneak the play offs.

I am not trying to argue that everything is rosy, that there is nothing to complain about and everyone shoulld just be happy that we even have a club to support given Archer and Belotti. Those sorts of arguments are as ridiculous as the extreme negative ones.

There are plenty of things to complain about without the need to twist your stats to add the cup game v tottenham to our winless run while ignoring other cup games, or drawing inaccurate comparisons to Hinshelwood.

Sorry Acker but I think your now defending the indefensible

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I included cup games because I didn't have Hinshelwood's separated into cup and league.

You want just league?
Hinshelwood
W 1
D 1
L 10

Hyypia
W 2
D 7
L 6

Equally lacking in identicalness.

Nobody, but nobody, said the records were identical. Oh, except you, sarcastically.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Face it, 2 league wins out of 15 is pretty shocking in anybody's book. If we're on here talking about 2 league wins out 17 this time next week, and the club still don't make any managerial changes, then you'd maybe be forgiven in coming to the conclusion that there's something going on within the club that doesn't quite meet the eye a la [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] conspiracy theory ???

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nobody, but nobody, said the records were identical. Oh, except you, sarcastically.

Quite, but there is a post (16) where I have expanded on why it isn't really all that similar, alike, comparable, foretelling, or whatever other way you wish to word it so that the spirit of the argument is acknowledged rather than trying to pick apart my point through my choice of synonym.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tinselhead won ONE league game at Burnley. Fact !

Yeah , the second game was a draw. He didn't win any more League games after that. I remember that was the season a high number of penalty kicks were awarded against us due to experienced second tier footballers doing a "Zaha" in the box.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here