Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/11 - 2/12

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
dbc81ccc9abab581ea804b91289196b3.jpg

Better to keep your gob shut sometimes. Egg on face.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Better to keep your gob shut sometimes. Egg on face.

Not really. He would have been asked a question, and has said he won't take risks with the ball like Alisson has been seen to take. He wasn't trying skills or anything like that, he just made a mistake. He says "I'm going to try not to put myself in that position to make those mistakes", not that he'll never blunder at all. He misjudged where the ball was in relation to the crossbar and it was a bad mistake, but it doesn't contradict that article.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Tough one for any Goalkeeper, that. Feel sorry for Pickford who had been otherwise excellent.

If he'd left it, the ball hits the crossbar and goes out. But it's spinning off a crazy misskick, If you're the goalkeeper in that situation, do you leave it and think it's going over? Or maybe, that could drop just under the bar and I'll look a chump for not making sure? In a Scouse Derby and you've a split second to make the call?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Tough one for any Goalkeeper, that. Feel sorry for Pickford who had been otherwise excellent.

If he'd left it, the ball hits the crossbar and goes out. But it's spinning off a crazy misskick, If you're the goalkeeper in that situation, do you leave it and think it's going over? Or maybe, that could drop just under the bar and I'll look a chump for not making sure? In a Scouse Derby and you've a split second to make the call?
This.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Duffy makes Crook’s team of the week, plus his take on the red

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46419401

Shane Duffy: No ifs, buts or maybes, Steve Mounie had to go. The Huddersfield striker's tackle on Brighton's Yves Bissouma was reckless, leaving referee Michael Oliver no choice but to give the player his marching orders. Once Mounie left the field, the game was over and it was only a matter of time before Brighton made the Terriers pay for their folly. The quality of Shane Duffy's timing into the box was matched only by that of his equalising header. What Chris Hughton is doing at that club is nothing short of the miraculous.

Did you know? Duffy won more aerial duels than any other player (11) as Brighton won 2-1 at Huddersfield on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here