Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ICM Guardian poll should be treated with caution, as it's markedly different to the majority of polls that have appeared of late, which either shows the Tories and Labour level pegging, or Labour pulling away slightly -- both of these scenarios will end up with Labour as the largest party.

The bookies must know something you don't.

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 19.33.43.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Boon said the sample chosen looks “demographically sound”, but acknowledges there are signs in the raw data that this sample “could be a just touch too Tory”. In particular, there are more 2010 Conservative voters than ICM would ordinarily expect, and also more voters from the professional occupational grade.

er, isnt the point of polling to find out how many people hold a view, not try to match it to an expectation? obviously the ICM poll is an outlyer, but with the contrast to the betting markets, the UKIP and SNP factors, one does wonder how accurate they are at the moment. what could cause this demographic shift? clue might be in the point about professionals in the the sample, alot of office people off last week, gives some weight to the argument that polling doesnt pickup Tory voters well as they are at work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You do realise [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] that most seats and who forms the next government are 2 completely different things?

Yes, yes I do. I was responding to a specific point about Labour getting most seats - nothing more, nothing less.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nice to see Red Eds promising to sort out the countries finances. Trouble is this is the man who didnt even mention the deficit in his party speech, from a party that left a message when they left government saying that there was no money left and after they led the country into the worst financial crisis in 100 years. Hmz

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Nice to see Red Eds promising to sort out the countries finances. Trouble is this is the man who didnt even mention the deficit in his party speech, from a party that left a message when they left government saying that there was no money left and after they led the country into the worst financial crisis in 100 years. Hmz

Try reading this

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/dec/29/labour-government-not-responsible-crash-bank-england-governor-mervyn-king

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I made an absolute point not a relative but i can understand that may be confusing.

I'll explain. I never disagreed there was in fighting at the Labour party, especially the Blair/Brown issue. I just pointed out that you don't seem to accept that there is in fighting in the Tory party, and probably all of the parties.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Liz Truss, ffs, does she ever shut up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You forgot to mention the gold.......yawn.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The bookies must know something you don't.

View attachment 64566

You're bright enough to know that bookies odds are a reflection of what people have spunked their cash on, on a betting market like this. So, that's not a reflection of what the bookies think, but what punters think who have put money on. It just so happens that there are a certain group with large pots of cash going spare at the moment.

And while we're engaging in a conversation, are my suspicions about your voting intention still 'wild' and 'inaccurate'?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Sounds like a man too keen to spread the blame as wide as possible. A Guardian article on the twenty five people who lead us into the financial crisis had Mervyn was on the list. According to them he refused to believe it was a crisis that would spread internationally when it first took hold, he refused to bail out banks initially arguing moral hazard and that the Treasury select committee said he should have done more.

Btw Brown was also the list. apparently he was dazzled by the city, applied light touch regulation etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here