Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ticket Question

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
My Dad now can't make the Manchester United game. He bought the ticket as a bronze member.
What are his options in passing the ticket on? Would the club allow an upgrade from OAP?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
My Dad now can't make the Manchester United game. He bought the ticket as a bronze member.
What are his options in passing the ticket on? Would the club allow an upgrade from OAP?

Unless somethings changed then yes they would - have done it in the past albeit upgrading an OAP season ticket to full adult for a single match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Definite no. I have tried to do the same this season. What the club did offer was tickets for a different home game (one that was already on sale), but I doubt they can offer this to you as this is the last home game of the season. Unfortunately that ticket is now just a piece of scrap paper, unless you can find another over-65 who wants it

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Might be worth popping into the ticket office in person to see what the options are. Maybe you can get a refund for the ticket and straight away buy it back at full price? If there is a good reason for him not being able to go (ill health, hospital visit) they are likely to be sympathetic.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Definite no. I have tried to do the same this season. What the club did offer was tickets for a different home game (one that was already on sale), but I doubt they can offer this to you as this is the last home game of the season. Unfortunately that ticket is now just a piece of scrap paper, unless you can find another over-65 who wants it

I've upgraded before

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Oap tickets come up green / the same colour as adult tickets - so no one will ever know..

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Those guys you see beyond the turnstiles, they watch every flashing light as you pass through. But an OAP is the same as an under 18.

There are a lot of guesses on this topic but the following is the actual colours assigned to each ticket type (I have a photo of the rear of the turnstiles)
Adult - constant green
65&over - flashing green
Under 21 - flashing green
Under 18 - constant green and amber
Under 10 - flashing green and amber
Disabled PA - constant amber

So the only two ticket types that show the same light is OAP and U21 (probably because the ticket prices are the same)

Hope this helps :)

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Nah they flash same as under 18s don't they?

I'm happy to be wrong & agree with season tickets. But last time i went with my dad i deliberately mixed our tickets up to see & my oap ticket was only green (I'm sure), whereas my sons was green & yellow

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
There are a lot of guesses on this topic but the following is the actual colours assigned to each ticket type (I have a photo of the rear of the turnstiles)
Adult - constant green
65&over - flashing green

So the only two ticket types that show the same light is OAP and U21 (probably because the ticket prices are the same)

This is a great post. Who knew this detail?!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I tried to up grade d7 jr bought as young seagull plus to mrs d7 - and told very much a no, phoned twice, emailed - still no despite me pointing out the extra money for club in upgrade plus drink et al.

el punal

Adult - constant green
65&over - flashing green

Flashing green and amber? Those are the sort colours Michael Portillo chooses for his jacket and trousers.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm happy to be wrong & agree with season tickets. But last time i went with my dad i deliberately mixed our tickets up to see & my oap ticket was only green (I'm sure), whereas my sons was green & yellow

That's what you saw, but you wouldn't have seen the other side of the machine, which is what the stewards are watching.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here