Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pardew Gone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well if your final point is true, then they could do an awful lot worse than offer the job tou our very own Chris Hughton
Chris is a decent manager, but he's not done enough to be considered top level, and the manager of England should be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mutual agreement, so the coward doesn't get a relegation on his CV.

Mick has already announced, he's leaving Ipswich at the end of the season.

‘Mutual agreement’ most likely means that they’ll have met somewhere around half way in terms of paying up his contract. Nice work if you can get it...........

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Serious question: do all these Serial Loser English Managers on that pathetic merry-go-round get their contracts paid up when they inevitably get sacked? If so, then some of the same old names must still be being paid by several ex-employers. Nice non-work if you can get it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely it is time for Pardew to take his unique style of management abroad?

Personally, I'd like to see him managing in Saudi Arabia. Within the year he'd have shagged the Sheikh's wife, be facing public execution by beheading and the greatest fall from grace since Lingard pissed on his chips at Wembley.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Serious question: do all these Serial Loser English Managers on that pathetic merry-go-round get their contracts paid up when they inevitably get sacked? If so, then some of the same old names must still be being paid by several ex-employers. Nice non-work if you can get it.

What happens is that when they take a new job, the old pay/compensation is stopped. They don't get an overlap of full compensation for the old contract AND the new pay.

But still very lucrative income, rewarding failure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What happens is that when they take a new job, the old pay/compensation is stopped. They don't get an overlap of full compensation for the old contract AND the new pay.

But still very lucrative income, rewarding failure.

Ah right, cheers. Didn't know that. So the serious money's rolling whether they're working or not? Thought that might be the case somehow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chris is a decent manager, but he's not done enough to be considered top level, and the manager of England should be.

In an ideal world l would agree with you, but just how many English managers are their in the Premier League now? comparitiv ely few, furthermore how many of those are managing particularly successful clubs, and are high profile and well established? I think you will find it very short list indeed, if a 'list' can be found at all.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
‘Mutual agreement’ most likely means that they’ll have met somewhere around half way in terms of paying up his contract. Nice work if you can get it...........

So, for being an absolute waste of space, totally useless at your job, you walk away with literally hundreds of thousands pounds!!! no wonder we live in a mad and stupid world!! if I fail at my job, I get booted out with NUFFINK!!! and quite rightly so! .....why are we living in a world where the lazy and useless get rewarded? it's beyond me!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I know what mutual agreement means. The relevant words in my post were coward and relegation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, for being an absolute waste of space, totally useless at your job, you walk away with literally hundreds of thousands pounds!!! no wonder we live in a mad and stupid world!! if I fail at my job, I get booted out with NUFFINK!!! and quite rightly so! .....why are we living in a world where the lazy and useless get rewarded? it's beyond me!

Yep. Madness.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

I agree, but it is the same with the players who have been awful all season. They still get their huge paychecks with barely any dissent. I have no like for Pardew, but the manager can only do so much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here