Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Crystal Palace 1 Albion 1 (Ward) 05/04/80.

I remember that this was actually my first match, (I can't actually remember when my first match at the Goldstone was) and for some reason we were in the palace section, down the side of the pitch.

I was taken by my uncle, and his mate and mates dad. As we were in the palace end I was told to keep my mouth shut, which I managed to do until on the was out after the match, when I said that I didn't think much of their programme!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I bet it was

I was 14 at the time and remember not being able to see the match
Not unless I jumped up and down,which was nigh on impossible in the crush

People were literallly "hanging from the rafters". I recall the crush. Dad put me down the front only to be rammed against the fence after the multiple "kop style" surges..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
WBA 1-0 Albion

Must have been 88ish. Lost the game, England lost at the rugby, we got soaked and then coined at Rolf Street station.

Happy days.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Genuinely haven't got a scooby. One of the earliest I can recall is being at Aldershot sometime in the mid 70's when it kicked off all over the place. Scared the whotsit out of me as I would only have been 10 or 11 at the time.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Mansfield Town, 1999 (I think) by train. Loads of police with fluffy dogs at Nottingham, they tried to pack all the BHA supporters straight on a train out to Mansfield but we managed to dodge them and went for a few pints near the station. Mansfield weren't very friendly, found the whole day very exciting and got hooked for several (expensive) years

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I really can't remember when but it was Cardiff - their old ground. It was rough !!! Never had so many coins thrown at me !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
March 3 1974, Aldershot. A 1-0 win. punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here