Jody Morris to join bardiff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Released Chelsea midfielder Jody Morris is close to joining Cardiff despite interest from two Premiership clubs.

Cardiff supremo Hamman has used his charm on Morris
The 24-year-old has held talks with Cardiff supremo Sam Hamman and is now likely to join the Division One new boys.

Cardiff won promotion in the Division Two play-off final, defeating QPR 1-0, and Hamman has big plans for the Welsh club.

The signing of highly-rated Morris would be a major coup for the Bluebirds, especially given the competition for the midfielder's signature from Premiership clubs.

"It looks like Cardiff at the moment," Morris' agent Jonathan Barnett told this website.

"We are in advanced talks with them and it will be this week for Jody one way or the other.

"Sam Hamman is a very persuasive gentleman and he has thrown everything in.

"Jody has had several good meetings with Sam, who has an incredible vision for Cardiff. It will be very exciting times for Cardiff if half the things Sam are talking about come true."

Morris has played his entire career for Chelsea but is not afraid of the prospect of relocating to further his career.

"The prospect of leaving London has never been a problem for Jody," added Barnett.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I just saw this too and couldn't believe it. The good thing is that he's rejecting the chance to go to Pompey, which cheers me up to no end :D

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
One little basard thug joining a hole load of 'em. I think they're welcome to each other.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
He'll fit right in there f***ing little thug.

I take it you don't approve of footballers with a violent past then? Noble sentiments indeed.

Mind you, Jody Morris was actually found not guilty of all of the charges that were levelled against him.

Unlike Charlie Oatway, who spent four months in Pentonville for assault as I recall......

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
If it goes through, it'll be the best buy of the summer so far in Division One. :(

Time to get Ronaldo methinks, just to upstage 'em.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Maybe Wilts, but from what I've been reading it looks like his career has seriously nose-dived in the last couple of years. It remains to be seen if he retains the ability he was showing when he first broke into the Chelsea team.

I suspect he doesn't, or we wouldn't be signing him!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
WiltsRoyal said:
If it goes through, it'll be the best buy of the summer so far in Division One. :(

Time to get Ronaldo methinks, just to upstage 'em.

must agree he is a good player

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Its a fairly large gamble, I agree, but then:

(a) you have to gamble á la Pompey with new signings in Div 1 that haven't played below the Prem, in order to get out of this Division

(b) Sam Hamman is a bit of a risk-taker by all accounts, so doesn't surprise me at all.

Reading, Palace, and Cardiff fans talking together on a Brighton board... what a great example of the fully integrated society we live in. :D

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Maybe Wilts, but from what I've been reading it looks like his career has seriously nose-dived in the last couple of years. It remains to be seen if he retains the ability he was showing when he first broke into the Chelsea team.

I suspect he doesn't, or we wouldn't be signing him!

he's way above division 1 standard and will want wages to proove it?
all teams need a ball winner and he's one of the best there is at it

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
It's a clear indication of the way the Premiership has gone, isn't it?

Chelsea release a young English player with the ability of Jody Morris, and go and spend millions on a muppet like Veron instead.

I'm not sure I ever want us to get to the 'promised land'.....

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I'm not sure I ever want us to get to the 'promised land'.....

I'm beginning to think that too, but I'll wait to see how Pompey get on this year, as we're very similar to them in pretty much every aspect.

"Oh Division One, is wonderful..."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I take it you don't approve of footballers with a violent past then? Noble sentiments indeed.

Mind you, Jody Morris was actually found not guilty of all of the charges that were levelled against him.

Unlike Charlie Oatway, who spent four months in Pentonville for assault as I recall......

Indeed, except Jody Morris is a complete arsehole whereas Oatway seems like a thoroughly nice chap. Plus he plays for the Albion and can do no wrong.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The fact that Morris chooses to throw what left of his career away playing for the nation's most unpleasant fans speaks volumes. Charlie was in the wrong place at the wrong time, it can happen to anybody.

If you didn't know, bear in mind that the Metropolitan Police don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, I speak from bitter experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports