Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal out for 8-10 weeks - broken FIBULA

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
FFS
Feared the worse on Sunday with his record.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should of kept Norwood

Wonder if we have a recall clause in his contract if need be?

The thing with that is that Norwood would then be in the 25 man squad until January, and Kayal out of the squad for the same period ie 21 WEEKS !!

Surely better not to send Normann out on loan, and name Kayal in the squad ready for his return ? ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Being completely mercenary, do we use a squad place on a player who won't play until November at the earliest, or do we bite the bullet and not have him in the squad till January? Obviously if we buy a replacement, he won't play till the New Year.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The fibula is non weight bearing bone - unlike the tibia. So whilst not great will recover well but as title says will be out for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Being completely mercenary, do we use a squad place on a player who won't play until November at the earliest, or do we bite the bullet and not have him in the squad till January? Obviously if we buy a replacement, he won't play till the New Year.

I was thinking that as well. I'm sure the powers that be are too.

This was the kind of thing Celtic fans were warning about Kayal, so many injuries holding him back. Alas not the only one of our more talented players who are overly injury prone :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is bad luck for him but I think that we had already replaced him as a 1st choice when we signed Propper just reduces the options from the bench if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here