Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Promotion v Survival

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
After last night, it got me thinking that for me, the emotion of sealing our place in the PL for another season was pretty much on par with winning promotion last year.

Of course, after coming so close before, last season was very special. But I feel avoiding that trap door to the very competitive and demanding Championship, this seasons' achievement should not be underestimated.

How do the emotions of the two compare for everyone else?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Last night was certainly very special but promotion held more emotion for me. Fantastic to be staying though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not even close. Promotion was way more emotional.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Promotion was the absolute best, because of all the build up to it.
Winning the match against Wigan was part one. And the Derby goal was part two.
With all the anticipation in between, that we were nearly there, it seemed it was all building up to that moment. And then that celebration on the pitch when it was all confirmed!
Absolute scenes!

But as we know from our history, Brighton and Hove Albion give us many moments to savour and enjoy, and last night was also one of those as well :albion2:

Hopefully many many more to come in the coming seasons!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think the most emotional game for me this year was Arsenal rather than last night. First big scalp, amazing 40 minutes of battering them - really proved to me and others that we were good enough and here to stay. But promotion was something else altogether.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Promotion all the way, I cannot remember any Albion fans going all gooey eyed after beating Arsenal at the Amex this season :)

A wins a win!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Promotion by miles

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The concourse celebrations after Derby scored will live with me forever

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Promotion hands down.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Getting promoted is a tricky task which we were unlucky to miss out on a couple of times, but many clubs get promoted and very few establish themselves in the premier league. Staying for 3 seasons was always the next step.

Promotion felt amazing and survival was unexpected when we hadn't signed our pacey striker in August but we need to make sure we remain in the premier league for a few more years before we reach the next level

Stumpy Tim

Promotion for sure, but last night was special. Beating United, second in the table, was immense. We didn't do it by riding our luck, we did it through hard work and a lot of skill and drive. Knockaert and Jose scared them all night.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
After last night, it got me thinking that for me, the emotion of sealing our place in the PL for another season was pretty much on par with winning promotion last year.

Of course, after coming so close before, last season was very special. But I feel avoiding that trap door to the very competitive and demanding Championship, this seasons' achievement should not be underestimated.

How do the emotions of the two compare for everyone else?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Close call for me.
I feel the eyes of the world were on us more this season.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Knockaert last season "we are going up say we are going up!"

Knockaert this season "we are staying up say we are staying up!"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Promotion for me, as we had been trying so hard for four years.

I have felt safe in the Prem for a few weeks now, but it was tremendous to do it ourselves and not rely on others failing, and against Man Utd. That was special, and one for the memory bank, in the same way we knocked Man City out of the cup in 2008.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Got to be promotion for me.

But the manner of confirming we've stayed up will take some beating. Not sure it would have been quite so incredible if we'd just beaten, say, Huddersfield 1-0. But taking out Manchester United AND reaching 40 points - magic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here