Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
86/87 wont be enough this season. We need 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 11.

Well, we'll have to disagree then as I'd be very surprised if the team who finishes second gets more than 87 points.
Further more: given the implausibility of finishing 8-2-1, I'd suggest that we are actually out of the running for automatic on that basis.

So sure now?
Boro need 21/30 to reach 88.
Hull need 23/33 to reach 88
Derby need 27/27 to reach 88.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep, what exactly does "My bet is that your bet won't materialise" mean?

Your bet was conditional on B&HA getting 87 points.
But despite my earlier prevarication, my general point is that too many on here expect the top 4 (or whatever) to get more points than I suspect they will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Your bet was conditional on B&HA getting 87 points.
It wasn't meant to be. It was meant to be even if we got 87, it wouldn't be enough. Or, the 2nd team will have 87 or more points, not including Brighton. Still, I'm glad we failed to reach agreement.

my general point is that too many on here expect the top 4 (or whatever) to get more points than I suspect they will.
Well the last few games have certainly helped towards your belief.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You said 86/87 would not be enough. No mention of GD.
To be fair, you said we need 86/87 points, he said that wouldn't be enough [for us], so GD is implied. 86 / 87 points might be enough, but it might not be. Still pretty close to call.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You said 86/87 would not be enough. No mention of GD.

I'm saying (and I'm sure you understand very well) that, in my opinion, 87 points will not be enough for us to get second. Our goal difference is considerably worse than the other teams in contention and so, if any of them get to 87 we will need 88. Therefore, in my opinion, 87 will not be enough FOR US.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here