Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where would you live in Sussex?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
If you won the Lottery, which street in Sussex would you choose to live in?

If you had to stick to your current financial restrictions, where would you choose? Perhaps you’re already living there.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If you won the Lottery, which street in Sussex would you choose to live in?

If you had to stick to your current financial restrictions, where would you choose? Perhaps you’re already living there.

If I won the lottery I would have a large house with my own stone driveway and a swimming pool. The property would be around £5m and have substantial grounds to keep me away from poor people.

In my current financial situation I would still need to work so staying in Burgess Hill seems a sensible choice. I'd like to up size to a 4 bed house with a bigger garden but the hassle of moving and the ability to extend my own property keeps me in my 3 bed for the time being

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If I had the funds to do it, I would love to purchase one of those houses fronting the green and the sea in West Worthing just along from the Sea Lanes Cafe, and perhaps own a beach hut too, either that or a house or bungalow a little bit further west, Ferring or East Preston perhaps.

Back in the real world though l don't have the wherewithal so maybe a move further east would be doable, Seaford seems like a nice town, (although the wife thinks it's full of chavs, no idea why), or a property just west of Brighton, Southwick or Portslade. Moulsecoomb or Coldean would be even closer to my beloved Albion, but l would never ever mention that to the missus. Delusions of grandeur she has!

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
High Street Burwash ..... oh, sorry, I forgot, Burwash is in ****

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Always fancied a house on Pevensey Bay road ,on the right hand side heading east. Direct access to the beach and staggering distance from my sisters house.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
A penthouse flat in Shoreham overlooking the Adur such as Ropetackle or the new flats going up along the coast road near Surry Street.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If I won the lottery I would live in or near a village, not 100% sure of an exact location but I like Rodmell, Southese, Glynde or anywhere not too far from Lewes.

If I had to stick to my current financial restrictions I would live where I do now.
I like my house and the location.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't really give much of a qualified answer because, somewhat shamefully, a fair bit of Sussex is unknown to me, particularly the wilds of East Sussex beyond the Amex.

However, I think as a general rule of thumb, living somewhere between the coast and the Downs is hard to beat, having quick access to both.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I like where I live now (having been here for 25+ years!).

As we're getting older and the kids have moved out, I'm thinking of a smaller place with large garden somewhere on edge of Brighton (Hurstpierpoint, Ditchling?) and I'd quite like a flat at the bottom of Grand Avenue/seafront for weekends. If I won the lottery it would probably give me the push to do it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would buy a large bungalow in my wifes hometown of Ferring plus a holiday home in Costa Blanca for all the family to use as it easy to get to for a long weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here