Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I thought he looked decent today, considering he was up against Coutinho.

I appreciate a players performance can look different depending upon where in the stadium you view it, but from the WSU he looked alright.

Sometimes quality tells and you simply get outplayed. Put this one behind us and move on.

Funnily enough I sit in wsu but there U go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yep, we'll just bring in one of the army of top class CMs in our massive squad, then, shall we?

Not saying we have any just saying I’ve only see him have two good games this season and I’ve been to every game , personally I would like hughton to of tried kayal , brown at Man Utd as palace and Liverpool at Home were better chances than Utd away looking tired as a team at the moment need to change it up a bit

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Funnily enough I sit in wsu but there U go

We were all baffled around me at the Stevens choice as he had a pretty bad game. These are chosen by one of the corporate sponsors each game very often its a player they can remember the name of and when you have a game like this its pretty meaningless anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not saying we have any just saying I’ve only see him have two good games this season and I’ve been to every game , personally I would like hughton to of tried kayal , brown at Man Utd as palace and Liverpool at Home were better chances than Utd away looking tired as a team at the moment need to change it up a bit

Kayal and Brown? Sorry - I rest my case. Would be good if Kayal could have 15 or 20 minutes as a sub soon, though, but certainly not the time to chuck him in against a rampant Liverpool side. Brown seems to have done OK today, but not in central midfield.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We didn't even try to give them a game though. That's what I've been frustrated by today.

Up at Old Trafford we went toe to toe. Today it looked like we were scared.

At Old Trafford I thought United sat in and let us have it at the back which allowed us to play a bit. First half today Liverpool pressed us all over the pitch and worked so hard that it felt to me like we just couldn't compete with them really. Appreciate others will see it as us not having a go but for me they were really, really good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didnt, couldn't... Result is the same... Disappointing

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Resultis the same, but world of difference between didn't and couldn't!

Sent to your friggin' MI 6 using Tapatalk which I'm well impressed by.........that's, well......impressive.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Resultis the same, but world of difference between didn't and couldn't!

Sent to your friggin' MI 6 using Tapatalk which I'm well impressed by.........that's, well......impressive.
Remind me again... Did chuck norris fight Bruce Lee in enter the dragon or way of the dragon

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At Old Trafford I thought United sat in and let us have it at the back which allowed us to play a bit. First half today Liverpool pressed us all over the pitch and worked so hard that it felt to me like we just couldn't compete with them really. Appreciate others will see it as us not having a go but for me they were really, really good.

:thumbsup:

The Liverpool pressing and accurate passing left a first half of chasing shadows.

Much improved second half, Brown on LW worked.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
I think we played well today......we just looked a little leggy.

Manu and Palace were two massive games....we gave our all.

Need a few days off.......and some depth in the squad / Kayal to come back and be 5x better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool fluffed several breaks in the second half, when the Albion pushed forward or were knackered. They too, could have grabbed more.
So it could have been 5-4 then - or any different score too. 6-3? 4-2? 5-5? Yes, could have been - I just used 5 (the number of goals they scored) - 4 (the goals FFS could have scored) for an example.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did we perhaps need a result like that to wake us up? It feels like people are treating survival as a foregone conclusion, that our defence is too good, we won't get overrun by anyone. We're one of only a couple of teams to not concede more than two goals in a game. Oh, it doesn't matter that we only got a draw against struggling stoke and everton and southampton, that we didn't get a goal v 10-man watford. We're as good as in the premier league next season!

Perhaps this will make people realise it's not going to be the easy stroll perhaps some people were beginning to think it was. If we want to stay up, we want to look at more than just draws against traditionally mid-table sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here