Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAO PC Darren Balkham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So where were they tonight? And if at north prob north towards west as none at north towards east. Im not arguing if should have dogs etc. High profile game have 3 lines of old bill and tickets ready That way the away end does not get charged. Make all the excuses you want brighton old bill tonight let the fans down and themselves down.
Saw two sniffer dogs (at least) at the away end as I got off the coach park before the game.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think its fair to say the Police and the club were caught out a bit tonight at the extent that a few of my near neighbours decided to drag football back into the dark ages.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
FFS!

This is a MURAL:
web-Bruno-Sky-Mural_16.jpg

This is a MURIAL:
murialwilliams_x.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sorry to be a party pooper but I think the police and stewards here do a remarkable job by and large helping to create and maintain a family and community centric club which has long received plaudits from home and away fans alike.
Sadly there are those (and we have plenty as represented on here) who believe that a return to 1970's and 1980's era hooliganism is preferable. A few clubs in particular epitomise this and Palace with their club sponsored "ultras" are one of them.
Preplanned rushing if the gates or opening a fire exit to allow non ticket holding(and possibly pyrotechnic bearing) morons in is hard to counter without creating even more mayhem and possible injury. Secreting Chinese crackers in parts of your body not routinely closely searched is also far from difficult .
But mostly it's about a clash of ethos.
If people want to cause trouble they will and there is little to stop them if those they oppose seek to be fair and even handed.
Brand the thugs and don't target the police to blame for their behaviour.
Yeah, absolutely correct balance. I'm sure the stewards and police could have done some things differently and will review for next time. But the blame lies with a bunch of idiots from up the road.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If these were bombs would you be saying the same. You are a cretin. Do not defend them. Sussex Old Bill have alot to answer for in the morning. I saw children running and screaming as thought bombs were going off in the stadium. What if they were. It's ok we tried our best?

Cretin? I'm pointing out your post putting the complete blame on one named copper is naive. Abusive posts don't help your case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It shouldn't have been an evening game anyway.

Midday, or even 11am, on Sunday next time.

Made for a special St Patrick's Day last time.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Last night was an absolute shambles.
Our highest profile game and yet hundreds of police stand around the station and none are at the away end.
How can ticketless fans reach that far without approach.
At West Ham there was a ticket check before you get to the stadium.
Whilst we laugh that CPFC fans with tickets did not get in, that could easily be us later in the season.
In the end our Club failed in one of their min objectives which was to maintain the safety of ALL fans within our stadium.
Going forward CPFC should be informed that no tickets are issued to HF (they know who they are).
In addition like high profile matchs in Wales,Leeds tickets are only issued to fans who have to travel on Club coach's.
Ticket allocation should also be reduced to 1,000. They only have themselves to blame.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This thread is aimed at Darren who I've spoken to a couple of times at away matches and believe he does a good job as liaison between fans, club & away police. It is because of his job that I feel he should be putting his/police side of the security arrangements. We should not be having a go at him but treating him for what he is, a spokesman who represents all sides but has the Brighton fans safety as his main priority.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That's as maybe. You have put the entire blame on one old bill.
Maybe you would do better calling in to John Street tomorrow to complain about the rest of them .

That's if anyone is at John St to answer the phone !!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Last night was an absolute shambles.
Our highest profile game and yet hundreds of police stand around the station and none are at the away end.
How can ticketless fans reach that far without approach.
At West Ham there was a ticket check before you get to the stadium.
Whilst we laugh that CPFC fans with tickets did not get in, that could easily be us later in the season.
In the end our Club failed in one of their min objectives which was to maintain the safety of ALL fans within our stadium.
Going forward CPFC should be informed that no tickets are issued to HF (they know who they are).
In addition like high profile matchs in Wales,Leeds tickets are only issued to fans who have to travel on Club coach's.
Ticket allocation should also be reduced to 1,000. They only have themselves to blame.

There were two police officers talking to two regulars in BHA scarves outside the Buck in Shoreham about 6.5 hrs before K.O.

I hope this helps.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Sorry to be a party pooper but I think the police and stewards here do a remarkable job by and large helping to create and maintain a family and community centric club which has long received plaudits from home and away fans alike.
Sadly there are those (and we have plenty as represented on here) who believe that a return to 1970's and 1980's era hooliganism is preferable. A few clubs in particular epitomise this and Palace with their club sponsored "ultras" are one of them.
Preplanned rushing if the gates or opening a fire exit to allow non ticket holding(and possibly pyrotechnic bearing) morons in is hard to counter without creating even more mayhem and possible injury. Secreting Chinese crackers in parts of your body not routinely closely searched is also far from difficult .
But mostly it's about a clash of ethos.
If people want to cause trouble they will and there is little to stop them if those they oppose seek to be fair and even handed.
Brand the thugs and don't target the police to blame for their behaviour.

I can see your point but storming the gates is not difficult to police effectively and the OB had loads of warning about these idiots behaviour as flares/bangers were used at Spurs/Palace game. CPFC have to address this as it is their support of this minority bunch of tw*ts that gives them the green light. No one is blaming the Police for their behaviour but questions need to be asked about how they responded, or in this case, not responded, and i'm not talking about a trite statement after the fact, i'm talking about a dynamic response at the time of the incident/s. Instead we get, oh we'll have a look at the CCTV. Not good enough.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The "turn right and walk round the stadium " edict for WS and NS fans was not well thought through - there was a pinch point just prior to getting to the ramp to the coach park which was dangerous. Children, elderly etc etc. A much better option would (obviously) be to keep the away fans in. Not rocket science. We should know this stuff.

This is a valid point. People were coming close to being suffocated in the unsupervised and unnecessary pinch point at the foot of the coach park steps, watched from a distance by policemen in robocop gear. Eventually they realised that the whole thing was a cock up and not needed anyway because the Palace fans were the other side of a herd of horses. But it took them too long to understand this and added to the feeling of football supporters that they are not seen as worthwhile people. The person in front of me was 84 for heaven's sake.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can see your point but storming the gates is not difficult to police effectively and the OB had loads of warning about these idiots behaviour as flares/bangers were used at Spurs/Palace game. CPFC have to address this as it is their support of this minority bunch of tw*ts that gives them the green light. No one is blaming the Police for their behaviour but questions need to be asked about how they responded, or in this case, not responded, and i'm not talking about a trite statement after the fact, i'm talking about a dynamic response at the time of the incident/s. Instead we get, oh we'll have a look at the CCTV. Not good enough.

I hope this prompts a solid review of security procedures. Absolutely nothing to stop a bunch of terrorists in CP shirts doing exactly the same with far more serious consequences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here