Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimpy

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
How early in the 70s did you work there?

I'd guess at around 74 or 75 - only part time [weekends]
I have something nagging a retired brain cell that the fella who owned the newsagent in Lustrells Vale [Saltdean] also owned the franchise Wimpy [can't remember which one]

My big sister [Annette] also worked there, probably 72/73/74 ish

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
...nor the good old Happy Eater like the one on the A23 (now a garage?) from 'Mona Lisa'

Mona Lisa.JPG

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Would that be the 1850's and 60's? Don't think things were quite that bad in the 20th century were they? an orange for Christmas?

It was my dad's sense of Cockney humour when he was growing up in the 20s in Bow fresh fruit was a treat especially imported fruit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bit O/T but what about little chef? Not seen one of them for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no food snob (well maybe a little) but they really are awful, how they are still going I have no idea.
Strangely there are quite a few all along the A303.
They were in trouble not so long ago due to very bad sales, I'm not surprised.
On my way back from Brighton last year I stopped off at one on the A303 and as usual it was dreadful and only a handful of people in there.
Apart from that road I do not know how many still exist.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Last one I went to was in Swanage, still there.

Eastbourne just lost theirs with the bulldozing of the Arndale and when I drove through Bexhill town centre the other week for the first time in years I noticed theirs has gone too.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'd guess at around 74 or 75 - only part time [weekends]
I have something nagging a retired brain cell that the fella who owned the newsagent in Lustrells Vale [Saltdean] also owned the franchise Wimpy [can't remember which one]

My big sister [Annette] also worked there, probably 72/73/74 ish

I went out with an amazing girl around that time, she worked in the Western Road Wimpy, I won't put her name on here, it would be unfair, but she was really pretty! she was a waitress, If my memory serves me well she did the job part time, sat + sun and other shifts (i think! )

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Grinstead used to have one though it seems to have become a Pizza Hut now, sadly.

Used to be one not far from East Croydon station too, which also seems to have been lost to time.

Glad they're still going. There's something about them you just don't really get anywhere else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here