Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sutton

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
It was just SO contrived for the cameras, the way he stepped forward out of the dugout to cram that thing into his gaping maw, to make sure everyone could see. At first I just assumed it was to show what a hilarious "character" he is, so he could get on a Football Focus montage or something. But to hear it was just so he could cash in at 8/1 with some piece of filth rag and its betting subsidiary ? Magic of the Cup eh.

I wish that fat prick had CHOKED on it.

Ha...but he's a "character". You can't kill off a character.

What's also quite distasteful (excuse) is that the tv production would probably have been in on it all as well. It hardly looked like a pie yet lo and behold the media all knew what was going on before anyone else could register he had anything in his hand. That bet thing is disgusting.

Also, how about that emotional pitch invasion of pride. Again, the commentary team knew about it when it seemed like that was probably the least appropriate thing to do after losing 0-2...it's almost as if they were all encouraged at the final whistle by pa's and runners to suggest the cup has some magic and that they're real fans. "Hey idiots, please run on the pitch now..." Even more confusing when, if we have a solitary pitch invader the cameras don't show so as to dissuade anyone else, but when there's a few hundred of them they'll film that all night, as long as the TV decides when it goes to script. Not nice pitch invaders either. The type of people that act like they've never seen a camera before yet also feel compelled to swear at it. You know, I really questioned whether any of them had been to a Sutton match before...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
You know they sold out to the Sun for the game? Tainted by Murdoch, instead of being non league heroes like Lincoln.

Yes of course and why shouldn't they? They are a struggling team mainly staffed with volunteers and a ground with basic facilities.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I'm no fan of the Sun/Murdoch good on Sutton for trying to get a payday out of this. Hopefully it'll help them out over the next few seasons.

What a pity that Deacon's blast of a shot bounced off the crossbar. That would have been a blinder of a goal if it went in.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Took one for the team? Hopefully the FA will check out his betting/banking activity and if he placed a bet on himself kick him out the game. Morally no different to a Pakistani cricketer purposely overstepping the crease.
christ there are some miserable mean sprited tossers on here .

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Took one for the team? Hopefully the FA will check out his betting/banking activity and if he placed a bet on himself kick him out the game. Morally no different to a Pakistani cricketer purposely overstepping the crease.

Taking one for the team was a joke! Really - do you honestly think that when thugs like Joey Barton get away with mauling other players on a daily basis and the FA turn a blind eye. Or are they more interested in financial irregularities than the behaviour of players (probably the answer to that is yes).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You know they sold out to the Sun for the game? Tainted by Murdoch, instead of being non league heroes like Lincoln.

Soon as I saw the sun all over their shirts I went 'come on you gooners!'. Seriously. OK, small club and that, but talk about THICK!

Are they a bit tin pot?

1) double ticket prices for everyone for tonight? Kind of understandable for a part time club...

2) let The S*n sponsor them as a one off?

3) The Sun bet run a 8/1 on their sub goal keeper to eat a pie during the game... surprise surprise he eats a pie after all 3 subs have been made.

Ahem

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...International-Manager-Chris-Hughton-Sponsored

:whistle:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Their regular sponsor were delighted, having been paid a substantial sum to step aside for this one match.

So they both sold out to The Sun? That makes it alright then.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sutton sold out last night, in more ways than one. But I don't blame them one bit

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
When Sutton played Worthing a few months ago they brought a large number of fans with them. Have to say they were a very friendly decent bunch. Not what you'd expect from that area of South London and no pies in sight.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So they both sold out to The Sun? That makes it alright then.

Yes it does.

It's easy to be principled from behind your keyboard when you haven't got to worry about running a football club/business. That sponsorship has probably meant the club don't have to worry about money for an extra number of months. Do you really expect the management to turn that down just so they can receive a pat on the back from some bellends on social media who hold a grudge against a newspaper?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here