Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Safety Boots

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Evening all.

I need some recommendations for some safety boots please.

I busted my foot over 10 years ago and still struggle with tendon and ligament issues. Also after many gout attacks my right ankle regularly plays up. None of this is helpful in any way as I spend all day on my feet.

My company supplies footwear but only pays up to 40 quid. I don't have a problem topping up extra to get myself some decent ones but not sure on which to get.

I work in a sheet metal environment not building sites so I have decent even ground to walk on. The machine I regularly use involves using a foot pedal a lot, I can do up to 5000 presses of it in a day so need boots that are supportive but also flexible enough around the ankle to allow plenty of movement.

I think one of the problems I suffer is that a lot of boots are restrictive so regularly "tweak" something trying to work against the boot as well as the various foot pedals.

Safety trainers are an option but I'm yet to find any that are particularly comfortable. I don't really need the reinforced midsole as I don't have nails and stuff I could tread on but toe protection is really important. A 2.5m x 1.25m 10mm thick sheet of stainless steel weighs several hundred kilos!

I wear skechers trainers in general and find them damn comfy and also own a pair of skechers boots that aren't steels which are very comfy.

Any recommendations on a decent pair of something? I'm now seriously fed up of working in pain most days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
saw_999-safety-footwear-steel-capped-flip-flop.jpg

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I didn't think they let you try boots on in there? I always thought it was a bit of a PITA buying from there as if they're not right it's just a faff changing them.

I'll get on the website and have a look.

Do you know which dewalt ones you got or what the more comfy ones are?[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good advice, and expensive are not always best. I brought the more expensive De Walt boots, but the cheaper ones are more comfy.

My local branch let me try on boots.
My current work boots are Site Touchstone safety boots, very light to walk around in all day.
I had Scruffs Switchback boots before and they are also good, but next day delivery from Screwfix, Travis Perkins stock them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I didn't think they let you try boots on in there? I always thought it was a bit of a PITA buying from there as if they're not right it's just a faff changing them.

I'll get on the website and have a look.

Do you know which dewalt ones you got or what the more comfy ones are?[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]

The Bolster are good and they have not got a steel midsole which makes them comfier.
http://www.screwfix.com/c/safety-wo...850524&brand=dewalt&page_size=20&page_start=0

The pair i brought last which are not comfy, were £20 more but were reduced to the same price as the Bolster, no wonder, probably could not seell em.
Although the Bolster have steel toe caps, this was no good when i dropped a lifter on my foot, went above the steel toe cap. After the swelling and black/bruise had gone (about two weeks later) i had to go down A&E, broke a bone below the toe.

D

Deleted member 2719

Evening all.

I need some recommendations for some safety boots please.

I busted my foot over 10 years ago and still struggle with tendon and ligament issues. Also after many gout attacks my right ankle regularly plays up. None of this is helpful in any way as I spend all day on my feet.

My company supplies footwear but only pays up to 40 quid. I don't have a problem topping up extra to get myself some decent ones but not sure on which to get.

I work in a sheet metal environment not building sites so I have decent even ground to walk on. The machine I regularly use involves using a foot pedal a lot, I can do up to 5000 presses of it in a day so need boots that are supportive but also flexible enough around the ankle to allow plenty of movement.

I think one of the problems I suffer is that a lot of boots are restrictive so regularly "tweak" something trying to work against the boot as well as the various foot pedals.

Safety trainers are an option but I'm yet to find any that are particularly comfortable. I don't really need the reinforced midsole as I don't have nails and stuff I could tread on but toe protection is really important. A 2.5m x 1.25m 10mm thick sheet of stainless steel weighs several hundred kilos!

I wear skechers trainers in general and find them damn comfy and also own a pair of skechers boots that aren't steels which are very comfy.

Any recommendations on a decent pair of something? I'm now seriously fed up of working in pain most days.

Any help would be appreciated.

The latest DM, may well be what your looking for.

https://www.smart-trade-shop.co.uk/...Jnrmtmrhlu05g8fnW7OvRKAFVGdsgXD0AYaAlxV8P8HAQ:rock:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
De walt for me had them for 5 years.

TBH mine only last about a year on site, but comfort is more important.
Before all this H&S over the top stuff came out i used to get my boots from an Army and Navy store, obviously not steel toe caps but the American para boots were brilliant.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
TBH mine only last about a year on site, but comfort is more important.
Before all this H&S over the top stuff came out i used to get my boots from an Army and Navy store, obviously not steel toe caps but the American para boots were brilliant.

TBH i don't wear mine every day . In my working enviroment i have to turn to the trusty pair of Wellies now and again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here