Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** off Warnock

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I don't imagine they are that negative every week. They have just won three on the bounce. I have an almost begrudging respect for a side who accepts they are nowehere near good enough to get a result and just try and be 'anti-football'. Nearly did the job.

That

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep no problem with Cardiff's tactics although would you turn up and watch it...... no wonder Cardiff's fans dont bother going anymore.

I bloody hate time wasting, its my main pet hate with the modern game along with diving, and its so easily solved with an early booking, the refs just have to show some strength when it comes to this.

This. We pay good money to watch football, not teams avoiding playing the game. Stroud was dreadful last night, in stark contrast to Atwell (sp?) on Friday who after obvious time wasting by :lolol: had called their captain over and told them if they continued, he'd start booking players.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree. Not helped by the officials who seemed more than happy to tolerate the time wasting.

I would have no problem with officials tolerating timewasting, just as long as they add the necessary time on and the end of the game. Unfortjunately however, they rarely do.

As for Warnock's style of play, I don't like it any more than anyone else. What I will say though, is that it is effective, and very nearly succeeded in getting a result last night. Let's face it, maybe it's the best way to set up against the Albion at the Amex?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd rather be relegated (from the PL, not from the Championship).

If we are able to get promoted, I doubt I'll enjoy the football as much next season as I have this, or indeed last. We need to get promoted because the football we're enjoying is not financially sustainable in this league. But relegation from the PL followed another season like this would be preferable to endless anti-football.

Note that I'm not criticising Warnock for last night, I'm sure their club plan to move on to better things, but I wouldn't want that every season.
Apart from being a perennial pantomime villain Warnock does understand the game most of the time. He said that the plan was to build a team to compete but knows it won't be a quick fix and I think that he, like many managers, look at how long we have taken to become competitive at the right end of the table. We are lucky to have Tony Bloom in charge-he was realistic and knew it would likely take 5 years. Not many clubs have owners like ours.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Magnanimous & fair quote from Colin:

“Chris will be pleased to have come out of that. You really want them to go up, the way they got the injuries in the play-offs (last season) and all that. I thought it was a travesty, I really felt sorry for Chris. They haven’t sulked, they’ve got on with it.”

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What do you reckon it feels like to be a player, who plays FOOTBALL as your job and does FOOTBALL training all week, working on your skills, really nailing down your technique..........and then you sit in a changing room and your manager clearly tells you the only chance you have is to time waste and try and turn the game into a scrap.

It must put you on a complete downer before you even begin.

I genuinely think if we had scored after 10 minutes we would have beaten them 3 or 4 nil.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
His assistant was going to do the post match interview but when when he was about to speak he dropped the microphone for Warnock to pick it up and do the interview.

#textbook

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I would have no problem with officials tolerating timewasting, just as long as they add the necessary time on and the end of the game. Unfortjunately however, they rarely do.

As for Warnock's style of play, I don't like it any more than anyone else. What I will say though, is that it is effective, and very nearly succeeded in getting a result last night. Let's face it, maybe it's the best way to set up against the Albion at the Amex?

Don't entirely agree re tolerating time wasting as it can also break up the momentum even if time is added. How the fourth official ended up with only 3 minutes at halftime is beyond me though. Thought we'd had at least that in injuries?!

Made me laugh at their change in attitude though when we scored and particularly liked the ballboy getting into the spirit at the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Don't mind Warnock too much, he's a wily old pro and last night he had a game plan that made perfect sense, even if it wasn't easy on the eye.

Apart from causing us problems on the pitch, it got the crowd frustrated and subdued a lot of the time too, which only helped their cause.

Wouldn't have been surprised to be on NSC this morning discussing how we'd lost 1-0 to a late goal.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I didn't appreciate their tactics at all last night but as others have said, they were hardly going to turn up and play expansive football, leaving spaces for us to play through. They set up to frustrate us and did it well, they shackled Knocky and kept us quiet for large periods of the game. The play acting is what got me, players dropping to the floor, limping off and then immediately available to come back on, that kind of acting is where the ref should have jumped all over but he didn't. Having said that, they set up well and created some pretty good chances, to which Stocky had to make a couple of decent saves.

Had they scored in this period, it would have been their game plan and they would have resorted to even more wasting time.

Thankfully we stayed strong and hit them where it hurts and then gave them some of their own medicine, which they didn't like.

Did I like their tactics no way, was it successful, hello no but do I blame him for doing this, of course not, unfortunately that's football and it happens in games all over the country

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I've always rather liked Neil Warnock. Calls a spade a spade and has said some nice things about us. By no means the first team to time waste at the Amex, won't be the last. I wish him well.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Aren't you still hoping for a chance of top two? Excellent win for your boys tonight.

Yeah it was a vital win otherwise our blip would've started to be a slide. Back into false 3rd!

Not really looking at the top two that much to be honest, and Stam said last night he's not either. I've said for a while now that you guys look very comfortable so if we were to catch anyone I think it would be Newcastle but I can't see that either.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't mind Warnock too much, he's a wily old pro and last night he had a game plan that made perfect sense, even if it wasn't easy on the eye.

Apart from causing us problems on the pitch, it got the crowd frustrated and subdued a lot of the time too, which only helped their cause.

Wouldn't have been surprised to be on NSC this morning discussing how we'd lost 1-0 to a late goal.

This. We created very little last night. Losing the game 1-0 was a distinct possibility at one stage.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Saw this earlier. Warnock would be proud of such epic time wasting skills: he's probably got McGregor practising already. The keeper didn't get booked. I assume Keith Stroud was refereeing.

[tweet]823645082968621059[/tweet]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This. We created very little last night. Losing the game 1-0 was a distinct possibility at one stage.

It's hard to create much when the ball is out of play half the game and the opposition have 11 men behind the ball at every opportunity. As others have said I'm not surprised Cardiff employed these tactics but the ref had no grip on the game to allow the time wasting to continue without any punishment.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's hard to create much when the ball is out of play half the game and the opposition have 11 men behind the ball at every opportunity. As others have said I'm not surprised Cardiff employed these tactics but the ref had no grip on the game to allow the time wasting to continue without any punishment.

This. 18 shots with 5 on target seems pretty good to me. Plus at least two that weren't on target were pretty good chances.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You can set up defensively and not waste time. One does not require the other. That's my problem with it. Burton is a good example from this season. They were setup to contain us but I don't recall seeing any blatantly overwrought time-wasting from them.

Having thought about it some more this morning though I've come to swing my ire towards that ineffective tit of a referee. Cardiff are, of course, well within their rights to play however they see fit but the ref should have done more about their time wasting.

Yeah, I think after reflection I agree with this. Another incompetent official.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I never understand that way of refereeing. Surely time wasting is pretty obvious and if referees consistently warned the captain the first time it happened and then booked the relevant player the next time his team did it, it would be cut out very quickly. It seems something that could be reduced dramatically in the game without much effort but referees need to act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here