Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Taser 63 year old race group founder in the face.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why would you refuse to tell the police your name?

Why should they ask you?
We haven't seen the whole incident from the very beginning, but if they should tell him why it is they are stopping him, and even then he is under no obligation to provide his name.
If they think he is someone that they have a warrant for, they should arrest him.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Are the police obliged to issue a warning before firing?

"if possible an officer should give an "oral and visual warning" - in non-police speak that means shouting "Taser, Taser" and showing you have one".

The video doesn't seem to show any over-riding reason why she shouldn't.

Edit: There didn't seem much point issuing the warning when she did!

I have a great respect for the Police, but Jesus H Christ in a canoe, why bother shouting Taser AFTER you've just shot him in the boat with it.

Then to add insult to injury they charge him with assaulting the copper:lolol:

Wonder what the statement said "Yes sarge, he was on the ground shaking violently at me"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have a great respect for the Police, but Jesus H Christ in a canoe, why bother shouting Taser AFTER you've just shot him in the boat with it.

Then to add insult to injury they charge him with assaulting the copper:lolol:

Wonder what the statement said "Yes sarge, he was on the ground shaking violently at me"

I assumed the warning was for the benefit of the other officer, so he didn't grab him and get a belt himself.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is anyone surprised? This is standard antics from our lovable police 'service.'

This is true, I was walking home by myself once and a car screeched up to me and two OB jumped out and one of them started shouting at me before any other interaction.
If they weren't so obnoxious I would've just told them where I'd been. Too menu of them adopt the classic bully boy mentality.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm sure I recall the case for tasers being that they were a less-lethal option, to be used in the stead of more lethal options. The idea was originally supposed to be that you can taser someone instead of having to shoot them. Under that measure, you use a taser where previously you may have used a firearm.

Today police seem to use tasers in order to get compliance, which I think is disgusting. Police now threaten people with electrocution, essentially a kind of threat of torture, in order to get them to do as they are told. That for me is a worrying developtment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lucky for those two police tw@ts the dog was very good natured and didn't bite them.
Completely uncalled for, two bullies in action here, well done to the neighbour for filming this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lucky for those two police tw@ts the dog was very good natured and didn't bite them.
Completely uncalled for, two bullies in action here, well done to the neighbour for filming this.

Bullies is the correct description. Neither of them actually stop shouting long enough to listen to him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
But if you look like a criminal that they are looking for, by giving them your name and not causing a fuss is helpful in capturing the person they are looking for. To help them eliminate you quickly has to be good for both parties? Taking up hours of your time and the police's time doesn't help anyone. Withholding your name isn't worth it even on principle surely?

The thing is you have no idea what they are looking for or working on. From this guys perspective he is a law abiding citizen going about his day, and that affords him the right to carry on unmolested.

I think the problem in these cases comes because the police don't tend to politely ask people for their assistance. They tend to demand things of people and are often overbearing and use threats. If they have the right person, not so much a problem, but if they don't then they put the cart before the horse. They are treating someone badly and without respect, someone who deserves both, because they are not involved in any wrongdoing. The fact is it's the job of the police to prove you have done something wrong, it's not your job to prove you haven't. That's how the presumption of innocence works.

If they have reason to believe a person has done wrong, and good reason to believe it, they can make an arrest on the basis of suspicion. If they don't have good reason to believe it, then what they require is that persons help with their enquiries, and you don't get help from people, which is necessarily voluntary, by bullying and threatening them.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
My blood is boiling after seeing that.

Unbelievable.

Höw many times does this happen without being filmed? Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And this is why a high number of jobsworths end up going down the police route. I love what the police do and have every respect for them on the whole, but you do get the odd one or two like this about. He didn't have to give his name by law and was probably pissed off with once again being targeted via mistaken identity.

Also, nobody seemed to give a shit about the poor dog who was clearly distressed and nearly got run over...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's hilarious really. I mean, why the attitude? What's funny is the pathetic 'taser taser taser' that officers have to 'shout' followed by 'you've been tasered...' (to someone who's absolutely out for the count as a result!!)

It just seems so stupid, regardless of whether person deserves or not. Anyway, nothing to do with his 'race' (English I presume?!).
Bloke shouldn't be such an arse, perhaps just be nice to an enquiring officer next time. Who doesn't he think he is manhandling a police officer never mind a WPC? Blimey, never think doing that (sober) in a million years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here