Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Additional Travel Problems For The Cardiff Game Caused By Southern?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know the club are working on contingencies for the Cardiff game on Tuesday 24th, but having observed what I saw on Wednesday at Hastings station on the ASLEF strike day, and again today, could there actually be a shortage of coaches and buses in Sussex for the Cardiff game to compound things on top of the rail situation? Could this affect Seagulls Travel's capabilities?

Even for scheduled engineering work days and the rail replacement bus services used, I've never seen so many coaches from so many different coach companies operating out of Hastings station to provide connections to Southeastern services for Eastbourne and Bexhill and between Hastings-Rye-Ashford as I have done today and Wednesday. They're running buses from the crack of dawn until 2200 time at night. The same thing is going on from Crowborough, Uckfield, Lewes, Seaford, Oxted, East Grinstead, Horsham, Chichester etc on ASLEF strike days too.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I know the club are working on contingencies for the Cardiff game on Tuesday 24th, but having observed what I saw on Wednesday at Hastings station on the ASLEF strike day, and again today, could there actually be a shortage of coaches and buses in Sussex for the Cardiff game to compound things on top of the rail situation? Could this affect Seagulls Travel's capabilities?

Even for scheduled engineering work days and the rail replacement bus services used, I've never seen so many coaches from so many different coach companies operating out of Hastings station to provide connections to Southeastern services for Eastbourne and Bexhill and between Hastings-Rye-Ashford as I have done today and Wednesday. They're running buses from the crack of dawn until 2200 time at night. The same thing is going on from Crowborough, Uckfield, Lewes, Seaford, Oxted, East Grinstead, Horsham, Chichester etc on ASLEF strike days too.

Is this in spite of the extra coaches sky bet have funded?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is this in spite of the extra coaches sky bet have funded?

They've funded 12 extra buses for 2 extra P&R sites, so hopefully there isn't a problem sourcing them then.

My point was Southern on an ASLEF strike day must be using an awful lot of coaches/buses and drivers across the county over a long day and what impact this would have on contingencies the club can put up and Seagulls Travel.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
They've funded 12 extra buses for 2 extra P&R sites, so hopefully there isn't a problem sourcing them then.

My point was Southern on an ASLEF strike day must be using an awful lot of coaches/buses and drivers across the county over a long day and what impact this would have on contingencies the club can put up and Seagulls Travel.

Id like to think though that the club wouldnt be announcing that contingency plan until they were sure they had the coaches in place to do so

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Id like to think though that the club wouldnt be announcing that contingency plan until they were sure they had the coaches in place to do so

correctamundo.jpg

I am just about to write to PB though asking for a refund on my ST. This printing at home for P&R all costs money you know.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

Seagull travel have contracts in place with various coach companies for the whole season. They will be honoured. So, chill, it will be ok.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

So would I and I wouldn't expect them to different.

Seagull travel have contracts in place with various coach companies for the whole season. They will be honoured. So, chill, it will be ok.

Okay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here