Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another warning from Paul Barber

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reckon most people buying snide shirts genuinely can't justify spending the cost of a shirt from the club shop but love the club. So it isn't a lost sale for the club shop as it is folks that can't afford to buy from there in the first place. If it's possible to buy a snide shirt for £12 with delivery from China then the club's mark up most be ridiculous.

Your guess on the CLUB taking the mark up isnt right. A Guardian article covered this subject last year - Nike/Adidas grab 85% to 90% of the value of a shirt sale, even at clubs such as Manure. Which also dispels the urban myth that signing a mega star is paid for by a huge surge in shirt sales. So the vast mark up on the Asian sweat shop production cost is grabbed by Nike and Adidas.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I would be very suprised if the club were paying less than £12 a shirt from Nike. If they are, Barber earns every penny of his wages.
Vat would be £8.33 on an adult shirt also.

That's not how it works. Nike sponsor the albion, pay the albion a huge fee, and take the vast majority of money from shirt sales. So it's nike's markup.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I am on a diet to reduce my weight to 18 stone which I havent been for about 30 years.

It is not only the weight as I have a 56in chest.

You are Demi Roussos and I the claim my £10

56 inches......you dont need a bigger shirt, you need a tent.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
11041e024055d9c664792347f855f6df.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Where do JD Sports fit into this. Apart from being one of the added badges.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I have to buy a 4xl shirt to feel comfortable and it is not loose just fits perfectly. Premier Man 3xl (56/58 in chest) are too small.

I had you down as a doddery old fool, now it appears you resemble Giant Haystacks (Google it kids).

Love BG, a twist and turn every 10,000 or so posts!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just been online to buy the girlfriend a ladies home shirt. None in stock and no message to say when any are likely to be in stock. The club should sort its ability to meet the demand for shirts before criticising fans for looking elsewhere.

Seariously, don't buy a ladies shirt without seeing it, I assure you, they are terrible, they look far faker than the fakes on eBay, nothing about them looks correct. The neckline is awfull, and sponsors logo looks like a rejected iron transfer from a kids shirt

cf2008f1d6beffdd0e31f8277133966f.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here