Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When you think a Sunday and BH Monday are involved it seriously reduces the chances of signings. Tilley, Molumby etc now is your chance to blossom and shine until January anyway

That doesnt affect the club talking to agents or players flying over to look around provided the selling club is agreeable. Is it a Bank Holiday in the rest of Europe? I dont think so in which case Monday will be as usual for a Monday just a matter of waiting until Tuesday for the FA and medical departments to open. to finalise a deal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Genuinely really hate to say it, but I told you so... have been telling all the 'club are perfect' blinkered posters on here that the club are moving too slowly for months...

Want to be clear that I'm not criticising the quality of our acquisitions tho'...

Well.....i'm not going to label people who see the club in a good light blinkered..or for that fact those that criticise bedwetters....as regards to moving slowly..none of us know what goes on behind the scenes ...we just get to see the end result....player signed or not signed ...we look at other clubs Huddersfield who APPEAR to have done the business and not at those clubs who haven't ...its natural...we all want the club to do well...the top striker one was is always going to be the hardest one ..every club wants that player....i can't deny its a concern of mine..if we don't score enough goals we don't get to stay up..simple..but theres still time...so lets wait and see.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
These threads are pointless. Do you think the recruitment team are PURPOSELY delaying transfers? Believe me, I'm sure they wanted to bring in all target players by now, but things take time! Other clubs not selling players until they get a replacement, international clearances, moving on to plans b, c & d when a fails, negotiating prices, contracts, etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You get the impression from reading some of these posts that a lot of people are very new to football. For christ's sake do people honestly think the club have deliberately left it late. They would have loved to have had the full squad sorted before the City game but that is not the reality of transfer windows, the same it has been ever since they replaced the March deadline day. Seems a lot would be happy for the club to spunk the whole £170m on a striker just so we can say we have one.

Transfer fees have probably been severely skewered by the actions of PSG.

As for getting business done early, I seem to have read that Barcelona are still trying to prise a certain player away from Liverpool.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well.....i'm not going to label people who see the club in a good light blinkered..or for that fact those that criticise bedwetters....as regards to moving slowly..none of us know what goes on behind the scenes ...we just get to see the end result....player signed or not signed ...we look at other clubs Huddersfield who APPEAR to have done the business and not at those clubs who haven't ...its natural...we all want the club to do well...the top striker one was is always going to be the hardest one ..every club wants that player....i can't deny its a concern of mine..if we don't score enough goals we don't get to stay up..simple..but theres still time...so lets wait and see.

Blimey, a well reasoned and balanced post. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, but belatedly, after seemingly not recognising that they had to spend big to survive (Barber bleating like a spoilt child about prices)...
You are accusing Barber of behaving like a spoilt child? Pot, kettle.

The striker situation is the one I find inexcusable and, no, not because of a failed medical, but rather because the problem should have been sorted at the very start of the window (or, in fact, earlier)...
I'm also very concerned about the lack of striker signings, but while it was a priority the moment the window opened, the reality is that teams like us just can't get the best strikers in straight away. We want our recruitment team to aim high, but if they're aiming high then the players will also be looking holding out for offers from clubs higher up the food chain. It's not like they're not trying is it :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't know. Rethink his career re: prem league/next club etc.
Well he can stay where he is can't he? The concern over his condition may mean a club can't spend £10m on him at the moment, but that doesn't mean he can't keep playing.

I've no idea if is long term health in uncertain or if he needs an op or what.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My biggest problem isn't fact we've had a shocking close season recruitment drive. But fact as a fan we've looked light up front / known we had to buy players to compete in PL for 3-4 months prior to it also when we were odds on to go up. In other words it seems we had a head start like no other club ever and yet have come last my some distance. More Eric the Eel than Rebecca Addlington, despite having the pool to ourselves. I wonder how much our hard ball won't pay tactics have actually cost us because we're definitely in a sellers market now with egg splattered all over our face seemingly. Unless the plan is now to take the money and run again 2018/19? Who knows, but it's been a disaster so far with almost no time left before window shuts.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You get the impression from reading some of these posts that a lot of people are very new to football. For christ's sake do people honestly think the club have deliberately left it late. They would have loved to have had the full squad sorted before the City game but that is not the reality of transfer windows, the same it has been ever since they replaced the March deadline day. Seems a lot would be happy for the club to spunk the whole £170m on a striker just so we can say we have one.

Transfer fees have probably been severely skewered by the actions of PSG.

As for getting business done early, I seem to have read that Barcelona are still trying to prise a certain player away from Liverpool.

Neymar transfer went through on 3rd August. There is quite an extensive list of transfers that happened in the months prior. That money has not even been redistributed yet, with only Dortmund likely to see a large portion of it. The transfer market has become inflated on it's own with the new TV deal, this was evident very early on.

How can anybody honestly suggest failure happens on purpose? People are pissed off because an array of other clubs, some within the very division we are competing, have managed to pull off transfers in the fabled forward areas without much trouble. Yet we are sat here listening to journalists and posters telling us how hard a window it is and that it'll be ok because we tried our best. We are part of a different league now in every sense, it is brutal and unforgiving but we are provided with the wherewithal to allow us a chance. We have done well so far in my opinion, I like every sigining we have made but the one everyone has been looking and hoping for has yet to materialise.

What happened with Dwamena was unfortunate, but there can be no doubt in anyone's mind that it was a risky deal to hinge our hopes on, not least because he still had to get through a permit hearing with odds against. With that said, I have no doubt the club have fallback options in the 5 days that remain. How good those options are remains to be seen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Typical crap Barcelona, leaving it 'til the last minute. How do they expect to compete if they can't be bothered to get their players in early?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We'll be fine.
The club has a whole has done a marvellous job in recruiting, given the financial restraints they are under.
Just because we are not signing Charlie Big Bollox for £million.
There is no need to panic IMO
How long will you keep saying that?... until the January window when we are challenging Derby's miserable Prem record... I say we are in a very precarious position NOW.... so actually NOW is the time to panic a bit yes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How long will you keep saying that?... until the January window when we are challenging Derby's miserable Prem record... I say we are in a very precarious position NOW.... so actually NOW is the time to panic a bit yes.

I'll keep saying and thinking it till we've secured another term in PL, until then I don't see the point of being negative.
If you like, you can quote me when it all goes tits up :thumbsup:

If you are in a very precarious position the LAST thing you should do is panic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Neymar's late departure shook them. Di Maria and Dembele done swiftly since.

Plus their season only started last week. :facepalm:
Although Barca did know which division they would be in this season, before the Albion.

#SwingsnRoundabouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here